General Election 2019

On 10/12/2019 at 13:28, alexscottislegend said:

If Corbyn is so unpopular why is he speaking to huge rallies in Leeds, Manchester and just yesterday Bristol? Johnson would never get crowds like that; neither did Blair for that matter. He is far, far better in terms of interaction with ordinary people. As for baggage, that is raised because the establishment fears the policies.

He once told a rally: " They're not afraid of me, they're afraid of you!". 

59 seats down at the time of this post but at least Corbyn gets a huge turnout at rallies. 

57 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

59 seats down at the time of this post but at least Corbyn gets a huge turnout at rallies. 

There's no doubt that this was Brexit mark 2. Labour have certainly - in their desire to appease 2 opposites let down the Northern working class. The simple GBD slogan worked hence why Johnson didn't feel the need to debate and hid in a fridge. He gave the most revealing post-election quote: the northern voters 'lent' him their vote. That really is a shrewd observation.

Edited by alexscottislegend

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

No. Too ancient to emigrate. But I’ll be keeping British citizenship even if by so doing I’ll be missing  the privileges with which new scotland would endow me.

Would you be in the first wave of immigrants to come in?

I might be though; the SNP has won in Scotland but seemingly the ENP has won in England or should I say the E and W NP. I have no English blood at all in me and my wife's recent DNA test has revealed she is mainly Swedish and from a very very small gene pool.

So the UK is now led triumphantly by a man who, in an article for the Spectator in 2004, wrote that the 'Scotch ' should be comprehensively exterminated.'

10 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

He gave the most revealing post-election quote: the northern voters 'lent' him their vote. That really is a shrewd observation.

He is not stupid. But he also knows many voters in traditionally Tory seats they lost "lent" their votes to Labour the the Lib Dems. All parties are in the same boat in that they will be trying to reclaim some of their traditional seats back whilst not losing their new ones, but clearly the Tories will be in the best position to do that when the time comes because their lead is so big.