General Election 2019

Being just a simple country loon, I listened to various clever political folk on the radio to get a better understanding of the result. What they’re telling me is:

The working class have no right to decide for themselves who to vote for.

The PM will find it very difficult to secure further agreements with Brussels.

Scotland and NI are leaving the UK .

So, not yet a day in power and Johnson is facing disaster.

I think that’s the gist of it. I doubt if the PM is at all worried about what Brussels may or may not agree to and if it were me, I’d not worry about Scotland and NI buzzing off. Sooner the better. Conservatives guaranteed seven election victories out of every ten.

If you count to the end of this parliament, since 1945 we will have had 50 years of Conservative government to only 29 years of Labour. And they have a mountain to climb to even win the next one.

Edited by DMAA

2 hours ago, Scott7 said:

“Had enough. Going to bed now.

Tomorrow I’ll think about leaving the country.”

CHEERIO, CHEERIO, CHEERIO!

Can you take Lily Allen, Gary Lineker, Jamie Oliver and Steve Coogan with you?  Oh wait, they all said they were fucking off after Brexit...and yet they are all still here moaning about democracy. 

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

Being just a simple country loon, I listened to various clever political folk on the radio to get a better understanding of the result. What they’re telling me is:

The working class have no right to decide for themselves who to vote for.

The PM will find it very difficult to secure further agreements with Brussels.

Scotland and NI are leaving the UK .

So, not yet a day in power and Johnson is facing disaster.

I think that’s the gist of it. I doubt if the PM is at all worried about what Brussels may or may not agree to and if it were me, I’d not worry about Scotland and NI buzzing off. Sooner the better. Conservatives guaranteed seven election victories out of every ten.

You're entitled to hold that opinion of course, but I really hope you don't ever pretend to call yourself a unionist. You're an English nationalist (or perhaps, a "Kingdom of England and Wales" nationalist) and I have exactly the same amount of respect for you as I do for any Scottish nationalist.

13 minutes ago, Thinker said:

You're entitled to hold that opinion of course, but I really hope you don't ever pretend to call yourself a unionist. You're an English nationalist (or perhaps, a "Kingdom of England and Wales" nationalist) and I have exactly the same amount of respect for you as I do for any Scottish nationalist.

I didn’t phrase that too well.

I should have written “if I were BJ”.

I think many English previously in favour of the Union have become sick of the whining and posturing which has been the Salmond/Sturgeon strategy all along.

4 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

I think many English previously in favour of the Union have become sick of the whining and posturing which has been the Salmond/Sturgeon strategy all along.

It seems they've also become sick of the hassle of dealing with NI's issues - despite the loyalty the Unionists of Northern Ireland have shown to them.

53 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Living down here in Kent now, i think that is becoming the view of many, as they are now becoming more aware of the financial aspects of contributing to a part of the UK where a large proportion no longer want to be in the Union. But i think there are still enough that want to protect the Union, and importantly the combined vote of the Unionist parties yesterday was still larger than the SNP vote. 

3 hours ago, Thinker said:

Think you misread what he said; he was simply reflecting what many in the South have been saying and what Johnson's attitude is likely to be.

As an aside, I have had many facebook friends asking how they can relocate to Scotland! Don't think the English are racist per se but racism has certainly been used to divide and manipulate.