The Winter 2019/20 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

10 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Borrowed from MD on FF.

“But - Rangers will save about £2m in wages and projected bonus payments.

He got nothing from the deal but Rangers got a transfer fee.

The sell-on option will give Rangers a third of any future transfer.

If I get any more genuine updates I will post them in here.”

Edited by BEARGER

9 hours ago, craig said:

wow, that is actually some deal for us if true.  Ross Wilson already working some magic ???

I don´t doubt Ross Wilson is a good professional but he isn´t a magician or a Mafia boss who can offer deals that are impossible to refuse.

16 hours ago, DMAA said:

There's a lot of talk of Celtic having better individual players and we rightfully resent that but I think what is striking at the moment is how good our coaching and tactics are. I think Gerrard's team are doing a fantastic job tactically which is allowing us to outperform stronger sides and consistently perform to a very high level. The real brainwave has been the switch to a narrow 4-3-3 (the christmas tree). We've played Celtic 4 times since switching to it and we've outplayed them 3 of those 4 times and the loss at Ibrox has been an outlier with different factors involved.

This is why this season feels different to me. This time last year I was pouring cold water on all the post old firm enthusiasm because I felt you can't just ignore a dismal December because of one strong home performance. But this season our record is excellent and we are actually getting better as the season progresses. 

I also suspect that the Liverpool heavy backroom team have taken a lot of knowledge with them from Klopp and Liverpool and maybe even have ongoing contact with them. There are certainly interesting similarities between our styles with the marauding full backs and three centre mids with no number 10.

Tic tacs and an inspired, tight group that understands & implements instructions are what has us challenging home and abroad.

Happy Days !!

Will be happier if we can close the deal.....

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I see Scott Sinclair is possibly going to Preston. Worth a punt as an attacking option? ???? Imagine the Timplosion?

They'll draw a sigh of relief to get him off the books, 40 odd grand a week he's on apparently.

Bit of a random comment here but I still feel we need another striker. Even maybe just a loan deal. With Morelos out for the 3 games after the winter break we now really only have Defoe as an option. Heaven forbid Defoe picks up an injury - what do we do then?

BTW, people seem to forget that Greg Stewart is by default a striker, who has been utilized as right or even left winger in recent seasons. Likewise, Jordan Jones has played through the middle before, though not that often.

IMHO, we do not want to sell Morelos before the summer and any striker we sign now is probably one that has to agree playing second/thrid fiddle as well as being lethal / experienced / mentally strong enough to come straight in. Not an easy job.