The Winter 2019/20 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

59 minutes ago, Franc Ergs said:

Think that lot are already looking at him, and they're welcome to him imo ,of course he can score for fun against Partick , but i think he'd be found wanting against serious opposition.

The lad has often spoke about his love for Rangers, I think we would regret not signing a natural goalscorer.

5 minutes ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

The lad has often spoke about his love for Rangers, I think we would regret not signing a natural goalscorer.

The way we didn't regret signing Nicky Clark who had been banging goals in for QotS in the lower leagues ?

Point being.... there are no guarantees and some of the numbers I have seen thrown around for Shankland (someone suggested as much as 2 million) I would be saying thanks but no thanks.  At that price anyway.

6 minutes ago, craig said:

The way we didn't regret signing Nicky Clark who had been banging goals in for QotS in the lower leagues ?

Point being.... there are no guarantees and some of the numbers I have seen thrown around for Shankland (someone suggested as much as 2 million) I would be saying thanks but no thanks.  At that price anyway.

I suppose all signings are risks and don't come with guarantees. I suppose it's all about taking a punt.

Look at Robertson for example. He went from playing 30 odd games for Dundee Utd to the Premiership and went on to become a certain starter at Liverpool in 4 years. If we look closer to home, no one would have predicted Glenn Kamara to come in and do this well. Let's not forget he was warming the bench at a poor Dundee team

11 minutes ago, craig said:

Shankland is 10 times the player of Nicky Clark, working with Defoe everyday could make him great.

5 minutes ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

Shankland is 10 times the player of Nicky Clark, working with Defoe everyday could make him great.

Have you honestly seen that much of Shankland, and saw that much of Clark when he was banging them in at QotS in order to make that judgement ?

It is just as plausible that Shankland has found his level in the Championship and would be a flop in the top league.  And Defoe may get nothing more out of him than we already see.  At 2 million (assuming that number is accurate) I am not convinced.

4 minutes ago, craig said:

Have you honestly seen that much of Shankland, and saw that much of Clark when he was banging them in at QotS in order to make that judgement ?

It is just as plausible that Shankland has found his level in the Championship and would be a flop in the top league.  And Defoe may get nothing more out of him than we already see.  At 2 million (assuming that number is accurate) I am not convinced.

You are ruling him out just because we signed Nicky Clark and it didn't work out.

As @BlackSocksRedTops points out - Robertson went from being a Queens Park player to being one of the best full backs in the world. 

I have actually seen a fair bit of Shankland (including his perfect hat-trick at the weekend)  and IMO he would flourish in our team with the sheer volume of chances we create.

Edited by Waltersgotstyle

Barasic is having such a good season it would be dangerous to sell him now. Injuries are always a concern but assuming he doesn't pick any serious ones up his value won't have dropped come June. 

I always wondered how we'd have faired in 07-08, the season we sold Hutton in January. He was playing out of his skin, starring in Europe and at international level. We lost the league on the final day and we reached the UEFA Cup Final, would keeping the best full back in the league all season have been worth 3 or more points to us, we'll never know. 

2 hours ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

I would really like to see us go get Shankland.

The boy continues to shine and working with Defoe and Morelos could turn him into a top top player.

I suspect he’s well below the quality Gerrard wants at Rangers