The Winter 2019/20 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think Barjonas might have.  I've been impressed with him whenever he has played for the first team.

Murphy is on a par with Jones - two signings that didn't excite and I don't see that changing.  We look a better side with the wide men playing far closer to the striker. 

I thought Murphy was doing alright until he got injured.

2 hours ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

Jordan Houston next to leave full time folks 

More positive about Leon King now 

Is there a fee and sell on involved for Houston? Also, any chance you can expand a bit more about King? I’ve heard he is definitely staying but I trust you will have more reliable info than me.

13 hours ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

What does that mean Stevie, does that mean he's leaving the club or he's staying at Ayr on loan? Houston is another one of whom great things were once expected. 

12 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

What does that mean Stevie, does that mean he's leaving the club or he's staying at Ayr on loan? Houston is another one of whom great things were once expected. 

Means it looks like he’s next to leave this month permanently, interest from Ayr and down south 

As widely Reported Robby McCrorie joining Livi on loan from QOTS loan spell being cut short 

Imagine firms being told you can only employ workers at certain times what balderdash that's all players are employees workers staff call them whatever you like, time for clubs to get rid of these stupid transfer regulations 

365 days a year we should be buying or selling 

Edited by compo

So as of now, that is 3 first team players away, with Herrera, Docherty and Middleton to probably follow. A few academy folk too. 5 more FTPs are away on loan, as well as a few academy chaps.

Defoe has yet to extend his contract, as far as I am aware, I reckon Flanagan`s, Halliday`s and Foderingham`s won`t be renewed either, even though they sure add some strength in depth.

Looking into the future, quite a bit may depend on whether we actually make it 55 and navigate the CL qualifiers succesfully in the summer, after which the transfer window will still be open. That may very well have a significant impact on the people we will look for come August / September.

FFIW ... Tyrese Campbell of Stoke has seemingly pulled a hamstring after scoring the opener yesterday, and Sheffield United (EPL) have apparently entered the race for his signature.

Whether he is actually a target remains to be seen, out of contract in the summer and as far as rumours go yet to decide to take a new Stoke deal, an offer from the Old Firm or now the Blades.

15 hours ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

Looks like Wilson has brought a smart new strategy to the club. We used to just let young guys' contracts run down. Now we are selling them for probably next to nothing but it allows us to insert clauses in their contracts just in case they prosper. Houston's contract is up in May so he'd have gone for nothing.