The Winter 2019/20 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

It looks like we are closing in on a Euro 5m deal for Hagi, with only the payment being discussed now. According to this Romanian newsoutlet: (yes, it is in Romanian)

Viitorul lui Ianis Hagi s-a decis! Rangers poartă ultimele negocieri cu Genk

https://antenasport.ro/amp/fotbal/fotbal-extern/viitorul-lui-ianis-hagi-s-a-decis-rangers-poarta-ultimele-negocieri-3031.html?__twitter_impression=true

Good riddance to Flanagan never good enough to be one of us.

Thanks goes to Halliday,Foderingham and Alnwick wish them best of luck.

Also the ones on loan not coming back Rossiter and Holt good luck.

1 hour ago, craig said:

Saddens me that we get personal with players that leave - very few ever sign for a club and not give their all.  Flanagan may not have been good enough but he never, ever lacked grit, fight and determination.

Well said Craig. Couldn't agree more.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, craig said:

Why good riddance re Flanagan and not Alnwick or Halliday - your reason for good riddance to seeing the back of Flanagan could just as easily be applied to Halliday and Alnwick - neither of those are good enough to be one of us either, in playing terms.

Saddens me that we get personal with players that leave - very few ever sign for a club and not give their all.  Flanagan may not have been good enough but he never, ever lacked grit, fight and determination.

Each to their own I guess.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Well said Craig. Couldn't agree more.

spacer.png

Sorry guys I never rated Flanagan since seeing him in his debut and even playing as over-age player in the Irn Bru cup hence the reason I have no regrets in him going.

As for Halliday/Alnwick they at least made decent contributions when playing but I would admit not always.

A couple of others either permanent or loanees that could certainly go again in my own estimation are Barker and Ojo.

18 hours ago, der Berliner said:

To bad that we couldn't cash in on Foderingham.

Halliday will always be one of us.

Wes was a decent keeper for us coming back up. Halliday should have been a Cup Final hero - if only Warburton's side could have defended two corners

1 hour ago, MacK1950 said:

Sorry guys I never rated Flanagan since seeing him in his debut and even playing as over-age player in the Irn Bru cup hence the reason I have no regrets in him going.

As for Halliday/Alnwick they at least made decent contributions when playing but I would admit not always.

A couple of others either permanent or loanees that could certainly go again in my own estimation are Barker and Ojo.

Flanagan not a great player but played in position was always solid backup in my opinion. Never hid in games and ran himself into the ground.