The Winter 2019/20 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

47 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Depends on the offer.  Rangers are not in a position to be knocking back huge bids.

There is no way we should be selling any key players in this window and Barisic is a key player. It would be mind boggling to me if they were to sell a player such as that in this window. Just as we laid down a title winning credential with a first win on their patch in almost a decade.

These players will be no less valuable in the Summer than they are right now. It would be beyond stupid to sell such a key player at this time and I don't see it happening. It's exactly what the yahoos are hoping and praying for.

Fringe players yes but not a Barisic.

1 minute ago, craig said:

Given King has previously stated that we wouldn’t accept any offers for Morelos I would contend that we ARE in a position to be knocking back huge bids, at least until the summer.

Highly doubt we sell any crucial squad members given yesterday’s result and that we are now truly in with a chance of securing the title

Yep. At this stage and especially so after moving into the driving seat yesterday it would be absurdly stupid to sell such a key player as Barisic who is our assist King. If he's good enough to draw enormous offers now which I believe he is he will draw even more offers in the Summer when teams do more shopping than they do in January.

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

These players will be no less valuable in the Summer than they are right now. It would be beyond stupid to sell such a key player at this time and I don't see it happening. It's exactly what the yahoos are hoping and praying for.

To support that this is just one comment from kiddydale st today, an example of many in the same vein.

They need £10 million. This is a fact from their accounts. Got to come from somewhere and it won't be from the half a dozen fringe players.

Are we stupid enough to give them what they want? I hope not and I seriously doubt it. But I enjoy the hilarity of their great hope that we will sell off our team they can't compete with. Now that's desperation.

19 minutes ago, craig said:

Highly doubt we sell any crucial squad members

I doubt it too but don't think it's a certainty we can hold onto everyone if clubs like Milan and Roma start making bids.

"Borna, would you like to play in the San Siro, Naples, Turin and Genoa or would you miss Fir Park and Pittodrie too much?".

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I doubt it too but don't think it's a certainty we can hold onto everyone if clubs like Milan and Roma start making bids.

We can hold on to them till at least the Summer. There is zero sense in selling off key players in this particular window. Despite yahoo fantasies to the contrary the lights aren't going to go out in the meantime.