The Winter 2019/20 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

14 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Share your confidence as I feel any sale of our jewels would chase many fans away.

That's another of the reasons I feel it's not even a passing thought. Aside from the sheer stupidity at this point with everything on the line can you imagine the reaction of the fans? There would be a meltdown.

Can't think to imagine what Gerrard would say as he closes in on such a momentous accomplishment for the club and for him. His face and reactions yesterday are an indication of it.

He spends 18 months trying to create this situation and they take it away from him on the brink? Truly absurd. 

1 hour ago, craig said:

Given King has previously stated that we wouldn’t accept any offers for Morelos I would contend that we ARE in a position to be knocking back huge bids, at least until the summer.

Highly doubt we sell any crucial squad members given yesterday’s result and that we are now truly in with a chance of securing the title

In a nutshell, we don't need to sell, the whole squad has bought into SG success and believe they are on the brink of something special.

Of course there will be offers and maybe some players are tempted, but they know if they stay and are successful then they will get their big move. However if a player is tempted with a big move just now then they might try to take it, but there is no way Rangers are letting any 1st choice player go in January.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

The treasurer might disagree.  

One thing to remember is that if we win the league not only do we get the chance at the CL riches but we also deny them that same opportunity - their wage structure is a CL wage structure.... if all they have is the Europa they will need to cut their cloth yet again.

12 minutes ago, craig said:

One thing to remember is that if we win the league not only do we get the chance at the CL riches but we also deny them that same opportunity - their wage structure is a CL wage structure.... if all they have is the Europa they will need to cut their cloth yet again.

Again I agree 100%, winning the league this season will have them in serious financial trouble as I'm sure they will now panic buy in January

I agree but these things are all about weighing up the possibilities.  Winning the league doesn't get us into the CL group stages and the qualifiers would be a step up from the EL qualifiers. 

I agree that we're unlikely to sell any key players but to suggest there's no chance we will is a tad fanciful. 

Time will tell.

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

I agree but these things are all about weighing up the possibilities.  Winning the league doesn't get us into the CL group stages and the qualifiers would be a step up from the EL qualifiers. 

I agree that we're unlikely to sell any key players but to suggest there's no chance we will is a tad fanciful. 

Time will tell.

Separate Entity FC will panic buy in January, or try to! so winning the league this season will seriously harm them regardless whether we qualify for the CL, they won't! so the carrots for our players is there and they all buy into SG & being successful will only enhance our players value, however as you say time will tell but I don't think any of our 1st team players are looking to move in January!.

7 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Time will tell.

Again..... King has said they wouldn’t accept offers for Morelos so right now it appears we don’t need to sell.

Barisic is a key player for us too.  So if we aren’t selling Morelos I doubt we would sell Barisic.

IIRC, King has said that he and the 3 Bears will fund the club till the end of the season personally.

So no need to sell right now