The Winter 2019/20 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Who would want to leave a team on the point of something spectacular and I don't mean just the league. I wouldn't be surprised if Gerrard has convinced them they can win the Europa league. Aside from the fact it's just the way he is he has his own 'miracle of Istanbul' example to give them.

Liverpool were underdogs all the way from the groups to the final. 

2 minutes ago, craig said:

Again..... King has said they wouldn’t accept offers for Morelos so right now it appears we don’t need to sell.

Barisic is a key player for us too.  So if we aren’t selling Morelos I doubt we would sell Barisic.

IIRC, King has said that he and the 3 Bears will fund the club till the end of the season personally.

So no need to sell right now

Unless you want to think King and Gerrard too for that matter are being 'fanciful'  and are prepared to look stupid by backtracking on their statements.

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

Yes.  If you ignore the misquotes and poor paraphrasing, you'll see I did mention "huge bid" and that it's unlikely we'll sell key players.

All this started because you said this.

Depends on the offer.  Rangers are not in a position to be knocking back huge bids.

That's not a misquote that's the whole quote. No mention of being unlikely to sell key players.

We are in a position to be knocking back bids. We're now in a position of advantage in the league.

We have a chairman and a manager repeatedly maintaining that key players are not for sale at any price and 50 million was quoted by Gerrard. He practically said read my lips. I think that's clear enough to believe them. Now if you don't that's up to you.  I do.

The meltdown among the fans would be of epic proportions and I suspect Gerard may even threaten to walk if they were to propose selling any of his key players at this time after he staunchly maintained it wouldn't happen.

2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

The meltdown among the fans would be of epic proportions and I suspect Gerard may even threaten to walk if they were to propose selling any of his key players at this time after he staunchly maintained it wouldn't happen.

Meltdown, epic, threaten, staunchly...it's all a bit dramatic.  ?

All I'm saying is it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we might sell someone if a huge bid comes in from a club in a bigger league.  

5 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Meltdown, epic, threaten, staunchly...it's all a bit dramatic.  ?

All I'm saying is it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we might sell someone if a huge bid comes in from a club in a bigger league.  

There is nothing dramatic about it but if you want it toned down OK the fans would say little to nothing, selling key players wouldn't send them into a frenzy. And Gerrard would be the same.

And all everybody else is saying that what you're proposing is so unlikely that it's not even worth proposing in the first place. It's a non starter.

4 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

everybody else is saying that what you're proposing is so unlikely that it's not even worth proposing

Of course.

It'll be interesting to see what areas Gerrard looks to strengthen in January.  I still think the wide attacking areas could be improved - Barker and Ojo are weak links.

24 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Of course.

It'll be interesting to see what areas Gerrard looks to strengthen in January.  I still think the wide attacking areas could be improved - Barker and Ojo are weak links.

Think we could be doing with another striker too