The Winter 2019/20 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

I hope we are looking at a backup (future talent) for the left wingback position.  Barisic and Tav have been great, and I don't think it's a coincidence that we've played all our best football since Barisic truly 'arrived'.  I'd be really concerned if we lost either now.  We don't have a replacement because as I understand it, Pollster has been told to find a new club.  If that's the case, only JF can fill in and he doesn't fit with our system.  He could do a job on the right but is totally ineffective on the left because he always cuts inside.  So, I really hope Ross can pull a rabbit out the hat by finding us someone to play that left wingback role.  An injury to Barisic in particular could have a major impact on the title this season.  The other two players we need to have cover for are Kent and Morelos.  These will be the two toughest I know.  Defoe could get us to the end of the season, but there's no one who can take Kent's shirt without seriously impacting the team.  That creative flair is expensive but hopefully the gaffer can use his contacts to find us another Kent.  At one stage I thought Ojo might be the answer, but at the moment it doesn't look that way.

I think the fact that the Arsenal scouts have attended so many games of our games indicates serious interest in at least one player.

Memo to Arteta: If interested, come back in the summer.

Given recent circumstances at Arsenal and our collective performances in those six games, I wonder if those scouts who attended secretly think they should have tried to appoint SG&Co at the Emirates.

English Premier League club Arsenal have reignited their interest in Glasgow Rangers midfielder Joe Aribo.

Scouts In Attendance has informed that Gunners scouts have watched the last six matches played by Rangers and has suggested that the Scottish Premiership side are more likely to be running the rule over Aribo than his teammate Glen Kamara, who used to play for Arsenal youth teams.

The Nigeria international has started the last six games played by Rangers in all competitions - against Celtic (2), Young Boys, Motherwell, Hibernian and Kilmarnock FC - and contributed to four goals (1 goal, 3 assists).

Following an excellent season at Charlton Athletic, Aribo was on the radar of several Premier League clubs not limited to Arsenal and Manchester City, but was convinced by manager Steven Gerrard to make the move to Scotland last summer.

The left-footed midfielder shares the same agent as Arsenal youth-teamers Tobi Omole, Folarin Balogun and Malcolm Ebiowei, as well as Hale End Academy products Alex Iwobi and Chuba Akpom, and this would give credence to suggestions that the Gunners are monitoring the Super Eagles star ahead of a possible swoop as from the January transfer window.

Aribo is contracted to Glasgow Rangers until the end of the 2022-2023 season.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

As long as people pay top money, one might be tempted that we take a few chance-opportunities as we did with Aribo, Kent and possibly Barker (even though the latter has yet to break through). Players we own and who interest the rich league(s). I do expect some bids for our better players in January, as a few clubs will sure look to strengthen their sides down there ... after a not-so-successful first half of the season. A few decent sales will easily finance the club for a season or two and put it into an even better shape, by comparison, so that in the near futue, debates and links would more or less only hinge on the player in question rather than in any "need" of selling our best talent.

It has already been established earlier on this thread that there's no chance, whatsoever, that we'll sell any of our top players (regardless of the size of the bid).

Gerrard and JFK said so.

Edited by Gonzo79