The Winter 2019/20 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

This is a transfer window worth celebrating.  We've never had so many players capable of attracting interest.  I would much rather we had great players that leave than crap players that stay.  However, I really don't get the impression that this management team or board will weaken the team.  Even if someone goes I have complete confidence that we will have identified a replacement.

So, relax bears and enjoy the media circus.  Things are great for us right now, and by the end of this window I'm sure you'll all agree that we are in even better shape for the rest of the season.

Rangers utility man Matt Polster is keen to remain in Scotland as transfer interest in taking him back across the Atlantic mounts.

Several MLS clubs are looking to tempt the US international back to the US top flight this month.

But the 26-year-old does not want to head home with his tail between his legs, having failed to make the breakthrough with Steven Gerrard 's team.

Polster is preparing to tie the knot with girlfriend Brittany Held in Las Vegas this weekend but will also spend time weighing up his next move.

Visa issues make a move to England unlikely as he would have to submit a fresh work permit application to the Football Association.

Instead, he will be staying north of the border amid interest from at least three Ladbrokes Premiership clubs.

The former Chicago Fire man convinced Gerrard to hand him a two-and-a-half-year deal 12 months ago after impressing on trial.

But the midfield anchor has struggled to dislodge the likes of Ryan Jack and Steven Davis from the Ibrox line-up and has made just five appearances so far.

Polster can also operate at right-back but was stuck behind James Tavernier even when the Rangers skipper's form took a worrying dip during the early months of the campaign.

Gerrard's team has largely picked itself in recent weeks, having closed to within two points of Celtic with a game in hand following Sunday's Old Firm win at Parkhead, and Polster has struggled even to get into the matchday 18.

He made his Gers debut as a late substitute against Hearts at Tynecastle back in April but had to wait until the 6-0 Europa League romp over Gibraltarian minnows St Joseph's at the start of this season for his first start.

He started again at right-back against East Fife in a Betfred Cup clash, but his last two outings against Hamilton and Motherwell have lasted a combined total of 32 minutes.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/matt-polster-wants-remain-rangers-21202386

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Visa issues make a move to England unlikely as he would have to submit a fresh work permit application to the Football Association.

Instead, he will be staying north of the border amid interest from at least three Ladbrokes Premiership clubs.

Great. If we are smart we will send as many fringe players as possible to the rest of the league as they can play a far bigger part in this title race playing against Celtic than they can in our reserves. 

8 hours ago, Dragosani said:

So any rumours of players coming in??

Keep an eye on the Lovro Majer rumour. There’s a guy on FF saying there is genuine interest from both player and Rangers in this window. He’s a left footed, very technically capable centre mid. He looks like he would be very good in games we need to break teams down, definitely a type of player we don’t really have. 

12 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Keep an eye on the Lovro Majer rumour. There’s a guy on FF saying there is genuine interest from both player and Rangers in this window. He’s a left footed, very technically capable centre mid. He looks like he would be very good in games we need to break teams down, definitely a type of player we don’t really have. 

I like that one too. Looks gifted and at only 21 can run all day and will have a good sell on value.

8 hours ago, Gaffer said:

This is a transfer window worth celebrating.  We've never had so many players capable of attracting interest.  I would much rather we had great players that leave than crap players that stay.  However, I really don't get the impression that this management team or board will weaken the team.  Even if someone goes I have complete confidence that we will have identified a replacement.

So, relax bears and enjoy the media circus.  Things are great for us right now, and by the end of this window I'm sure you'll all agree that we are in even better shape for the rest of the season.

I know it’s football and I know it’s fickle and I know players rarely show loyalty to clubs for any length of time....

However, the way our player react to goals and wins just now.... and the way they react to Gerrard after goals and wins.... suggests to me that they all realise they are on the verge of something special - and there can be absolutely no doubt that if 55 is delivered this year then every single player will be considered a legend.

I honestly believe that they sense the magnitude of what they stand on the brink of.

Optimistic thinking ?  Probably.  But I really do get the feeling that these guys understand what they’re on the cusp of and Gerrard has been talking about it a lot recently so you can almost feel that this is being used as the motivation to continue to find ways to win.

ill be disappointed if we lose any players that have played reasonable amounts of time this season.

And I’m hoping the usual 17 or 18 see the history they stand on the edge of and decide to stay .

I have a suspicion the yahoos will make an attempt to strengthen the likes of the sheep with loans. They don't care care any more about the fortunes of the sheep than we do but this title could be a close run thing. A loan player turning a defeat into a draw against us could swing it.

We should do the same with loans to hubz/heartz. Polster and Docherty need game time.

4 hours ago, craig said:

I know it’s football and I know it’s fickle and I know players rarely show loyalty to clubs for any length of time....

However, the way our player react to goals and wins just now.... and the way they react to Gerrard after goals and wins.... suggests to me that they all realise they are on the verge of something special - and there can be absolutely no doubt that if 55 is delivered this year then every single player will be considered a legend.

I honestly believe that they sense the magnitude of what they stand on the brink of.

Optimistic thinking ?  Probably.  But I really do get the feeling that these guys understand what they’re on the cusp of and Gerrard has been talking about it a lot recently so you can almost feel that this is being used as the motivation to continue to find ways to win.

ill be disappointed if we lose any players that have played reasonable amounts of time this season.

And I’m hoping the usual 17 or 18 see the history they stand on the edge of and decide to stay .

SunSport revealed that Sheffield United are the latest English side tracking Glen Kamara.

Clubs are queueing up to watch Kamara play and scouts from the Premier League flock to Rangers games every week to see him in action.

That could turn the head of a lot of players with ambitions to reach the top.

But Neil McCann is close enough with Kamara to be able to say with real certainty that the 25-year-old will NOT agitate for a move any time soon.

“That’s what is driving  Glen now — a desire to lift silverware with Rangers. He won’t be pushing to leave in January. I can say that 100 per cent.

"I believe he feels an affinity to the club already.

FULL ARTICLE