The Winter 2019/20 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

4 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Thank goodness for that.

We shouldn't touch him with a long pole used to propel a barge and fend off obstacles.

If he gets in then the B.B.C. and the Daily Record will know everything that happens inside the training ground.

Edited by ranger_syntax

I haven't sen enough of Ferguson to comment on whether he would be of any good use to us or not. I would venture the opinion that definitely not for the stupid money the sheep would likely ask. In terms of their relative journeyman squad he's worth a lot more to them than he is to us.  

Leeds reportedly prepared to make an £8 million bid for Kamara. That's a difficult one for me. While it's a great profit on a guy we paid relatively almost nothing for he's become something of a first pick and we're chasing a title. That's not an ideal time to start selling first picks unless the money offered was insane and I don't regard £8 million as insane.

3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Leeds reportedly prepared to make an £8 million bid for Kamara. That's a difficult one for me. While it's a great profit on a guy we paid relatively almost nothing for he's become something of a first pick and we're chasing a title. That's not an ideal time to start selling first picks unless the money offered was insane and I don't regard £8 million as insane.

This is silly season for rumours/clickbait.

Unless accompanied by real quotes (beware of journalists that make them up , eg. Boris Johnson) then it's not worth taking seriously.

1 minute ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

Bit more to the Kamara thing than just rumours, for me I think we will cash in January 

Would be a shame in one respect - you can see the benefits of him working daily with the coaching team and the likes of Davis.  But if we can make the kind of profit we think is possible here, I think we should back ourselves to find a similar level replacement and move on.   An early test for Ross Wilson.

According to Football Insider who heard it from someone else ... and thus it became a source for the Express (via FF)

Leeds United boss Marcelo Bielsa is looking to strengthen his side and Rangers midfielder Glen Kamara is already on the club’s shortlist.

According to Football Insider, Leeds are monitoring Kamara’s situation and have already sent scouts to watch him during Rangers 2-0 Europa League win over Porto.
The Gers have been in fantastic form this season. They are currently level on points with league leaders Celtic in the Scottish Premiership and are also level on points with Young Boys who are top of Group G in the Europa League.

Kamara has put in some impressive performances, particularly in the Europa League, for boss Steven Gerrard this campaign and as a result the Liverpudlian is expecting several clubs to try and pry the midfielder away from Ibrox in Janaury.

The report states that while Leeds have not ruled out making an approach in the January window, they actually see the 24-year-old as a transfer target for next summer.
Rangers reportedly want more than £8million for Kamara, which would see them earn a significant profit on the player who only joined the club in January this year.
Kamara was in the process of running downhill contract with Dundee United last season before Rangers managed to sign the player for just £50,000.
The Finn is a product of Arsenal’s academy, but only managed to make one appearance for the Gunners before joining Dundee on a free transfer in 2017.

Glen Kamara only joined Rangers in January of this year for £50,000

Despite having not been at the club for long Kamara has already established himself as an important player in Rangers’ midfield alongside Steven Davis and Ryan Jack.
And due to his mobility and distribution it is clear to see why Bielsa would feel such a player could easily fit into his current side.
Kamara has already played 20 games this season, which takes his overall tally for the club to 36 appearances.

Glen Kamara has been in fantastic form this season.
But Rangers are not the only club who could end up losing a midfielder in the next window as Leeds star Kalvin Phillips is attracting a lot of attention from top-flight teams.
The 23-year-old is a key member of Bielsa’s side and has already been looked at by several Premier League clubs, including Manchester United.
However, Leeds have said that the player is not for sale and have already rejected a £27m bid for the midfielder last summer, after which Phillips was rewarded with a new five-year deal with the Yorkshire club.