The Winter 2019/20 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

13 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

I would want at least 30M for Barasic and I canr't quite believe I am saying that because I would have punted him in August! The transformation has been staggering

I think we have to credit the man management skills of our coaching staff for that transformation. 

I was one of the few who said we should stick with Barisic*.  He always looked a good fooballer...the turnaround seems to be entirely in attitude and realisation of what the club is all about.

He's been essential to our recent performances.

Clubs like Roma are likely to turn an SPFL player's head but I think the lad will want to win the league with us.

*I also said we should be looking in the Balkans for players.  

Edited by Gonzo79

24 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

Yeah definitely. Tav has turned the corner a bit since his rocket up his behind too

Could this be a result of the improvement on the left giving Tav and others on the right more leeway?

7 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Could this be a result of the improvement on the left giving Tav and others on the right more leeway?

I think you are correct, it no doubt helps him when Barisic has stepped up and delivered, however I am a big fan of Tav and felt his mistakes were highlighted more than others yet he has been outstandingly consistent since he signed and has improved his game every season 

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

I think you are correct, it no doubt helps him when Barisic has stepped up and delivered, however I am a big fan of Tav and felt his mistakes were highlighted more than others yet he has been outstandingly consistent since he signed and has improved his game every season 

He did gave away some aweful balls, none more so than the game at the Scumhut when we were drawing 1-1 and that ended any hopes of a title challenge. He had a pretty poor first half of the season by his standards and has come around of late.

6 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

I think we have to be realistic that Barasic won’t be with us next season. We should have already started looking for his replacement 

Looking a distinct possibility but i'm not entirely convinced at this point. Been reading they're trying to get him to extend his contract which already runs till 2022 and if that happens I think he may be at Rangers another season after this one.

If we win this league the real prize economically would be CL groups. That could be a stretch if the team is being dismantled in the Summer. The CL could be worth 50 million or so and I don't see us getting that for Barisic. Though might I suppose if he stayed another season and performed well in the CL.

At the end of the day while stuck in this poor league we're always going to be a selling club but there has to be some sort of balance. I'm hoping some of those who may be tempted to leave in the Summer might have second thoughts if we can get a crack at the CL.