The Winter 2019/20 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

2 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Can he play Right-back?

He sure can, but so too can I. I would suspect that neither of us is of the required standard. We do have Flanagan and Polster though.

(NB: That's sarcastic mode, BTW.)

Edited by der Berliner

Partick Thistle are interested in a loan move for Rangers youngster Lewis Mayo.

The centre-half has opened discussions with Thistle ahead of a potential switch to Firhill.

Former teammate Zak Rudden has recently joined Thistle on a permanent transfer but Mayo remains a Gers player. The 19-year-old needs game time, though, and the Scottish Championship would provide a good grounding.

Mayo has played for Rangers' first-team during pre-season against the likes of Oxford United but is yet to make the step-up in competitive action.

He has, however, made a handful of appearances in the Challenge Cup this season for the colts outfit against Berwick, Ballymena and Wrexham.

Thistle, meanwhile, have already signed Darian MacKinnon from Hamilton to join Rudden. They are also expected to add Brian Graham on loan from Ross County this week.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18168388.partick-thistle-want-rangers-defender-lewis-mayo-loan/

Good luck to Thistle and Zak this weekend, I have only just found out that they entertain the bheasts this weekend in cup action. I genuinely had no idea who they got until 5 minutes ago. I just assume it is lower league opponents at home every time there is a cup draw, and I'm right far more often than i'm wrong!

exclusive: Rangers FC is closely linked to French striker Ugo Bonnet, the two clubs have been in talks for 24 hours and an offer of 5.2 million euros has been made by the Glasgow Club

Edited by ian1964

Interesting. 

From watching a couple of videos, he looks quite quick (relatively speaking -- not sure how that translates to our league), likes to play on the shoulder, has a good eye for space, and likes the back post. 

I question the quality of the League, although it does look competitive (a few big names in there, for what that's worth).

Rodez have just been promoted from the third tier, and Bonnet looks to have coped with the step up well; scoring 9 goals this season already (tied 4th top scorer in the League).  

£4.5M for a player from that level seems expensive. At 26 he's perhaps just coming into his prime?

Interesting.