The Winter 2019/20 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

33 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Interesting. 

From watching a couple of videos, he looks quite quick (relatively speaking -- not sure how that translates to our league), likes to play on the shoulder, has a good eye for space, and likes the back post. 

I question the quality of the League, although it does look competitive (a few big names in there, for what that's worth).

Rodez have just been promoted from the third tier, and Bonnet looks to have coped with the step up well; scoring 9 goals this season already (tied 4th top scorer in the League).  

£4.5M for a player from that level seems expensive. At 26 he's perhaps just coming into his prime?

Interesting.

Find it hard to believe we would spend that money on a player who has played all his senior career in the second tier of French football. Scored 22 goals in 107 appearances according to Wikipedia.

5 hours ago, BEARGER said:

Find it hard to believe we would spend that money on a player who has played all his senior career in the second tier of French football. Scored 22 goals in 107 appearances according to Wikipedia.

Absolutely no way are we in for this guy. 

I think Barjonas might have.  I've been impressed with him whenever he has played for the first team.

Murphy is on a par with Jones - two signings that didn't excite and I don't see that changing.  We look a better side with the wide men playing far closer to the striker. 

Edited by Gonzo79