The Winter 2019/20 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

14 minutes ago, stewarty said:

If Ross Wilson can find a Kamara or two every year then our losses are funded through player trading.  A consistent theme in terms of what we need to get to from the various analysis of our latest accounts.  

I'd be curious to know who first pointed us toward Glen Kamara in his final year of contract.

Was it Mark Allen, was it a scout on the payroll, one of SG's coaching staff or was it Jimmy Bell going through the list of upcoming Bosmans on his Ipad as he sat on the bog ?

Edited by buster.

8 minutes ago, buster. said:

I'd be curious to know who first pointed us toward Glen Kamara in his final year of contract.

Was it Mark Allen, was it a scout on the payroll, one of SG's coaching staff or was it Jimmy Bell going through the list of upcoming Bosmans on his Ipad as he sat on the bog ?

Haha

In fairness we had come up against him in games so could easily have been scouts or coaches watching him in action for a variety of reasons.  His talent was clear so no surprise he was being talked up for a move as he moved into the January.

20 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Haha

In fairness we had come up against him in games so could easily have been scouts or coaches watching him in action for a variety of reasons.  His talent was clear so no surprise he was being talked up for a move as he moved into the January.

In time honoured Ian Crocker tradition, everytime I saw Dundee on TV, you would be told the same thing, ie. that Kamara had been a talanted youngster at Arsenal...which did prick the ears up at first and as you say, his way of playing the game was very different to that of his teammates.

I guess you could also simply have his agents approaching clubs rather than tuther way round.

--------

Incidentally, talking about Arsenal youngsters, I see that Gedion Zelalem (now 22 years of age) has been sent on loan from Sporting Kansas to Swope Park Rangers. 

Edited by buster.

5 hours ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

Bit more to the Kamara thing than just rumours, for me I think we will cash in January 

Damn.  I don't want to see us lose ANYBODY in January.  But I feel Kamara is really starting to find his early year form again.  Thought he was at the heart of everything good we did on Sunday past.

Would hate to see him go because I think he can be a very, very good player for us.  Remembering also that Davis isn't getting any younger - I think Kamara alongside Jack could be a fantastic engine room for us.

For once Stevie, I really hope youre wrong.

25 minutes ago, buster. said:

Incidentally, talking about Arsenal youngsters, I see that Gedion Zelalem (now 22 years of age) has been sent on loan from Sporting Kansas to Swope Park Rangers. 

That is incredible. Swope Park Rangers finished rock bottom in the Eastern Conference in the 2nd tier in the US last season. He was a very talented player despite his slight frame so I'm shocked he's sunk that low.

43 minutes ago, buster. said:

I'm positive that SG said it was him and his coaching staff when studying how Dundee played - said that even though Kamara wasn't starting all the time that he was the one player that stood out and was head and shoulders above every other player - and that the way he played suited our style.

buy him sign him sign them all what about giving some of the youngsters a chance if we are a couple up against Hamilton in our next match give a couple of the best lads twenty minutes in the first eleven 

4 hours ago, craig said:

I'm positive that SG said it was him and his coaching staff when studying how Dundee played - said that even though Kamara wasn't starting all the time that he was the one player that stood out and was head and shoulders above every other player - and that the way he played suited our style.

Everything i have previously read on it would indicate that Gerrard himself was the one who recognised that this is a player we can get him for almost nothing and I would like him in my team. I would simply rather we don't sell any first picks until the Summer.

The players in question are young and unlikely to turn into duds in that time so surely we can expect equivalent offers later. We have the assets to balance out the losses later. Why do it now when a title and a chance at £50 million in the CL is on the line.

Alfredo Morelos: Rangers striker will not be sold in January - Ross Wilson

New sporting director Ross Wilson says Rangers do not have to sell prize assets such as striker Alfredo Morelos in January.

The Scottish Premiership club this month announced losses of £11.3m and admitted they need to raise £10m before the end of the season.

Asked if he could state that the club did not have to cash in on its biggest assets, Wilson replied: "Categorically. We want our best players to stay here as long as they possibly can."

Colombian Morelos, who joined Rangers for a reported £1m from HJK Helsinki in 2017, has scored 22 goals in 26 games this season.

An interview given in his homeland has been interpreted as him hinting he could be open to a January move, but manager Steven Gerrard has already said he is "100% sure" the striker will be going nowhere.

"We understand that, like every other club in world football, there comes a point when players have to move on to something else for a variety of reasons," 36-year-old Wilson said.

"We'll be no different to that, but it's certainly not on the horizon in January.

"The first team has a number of players who could be really interesting for a number of clubs because the club is in a significantly better position than it was before and a lot of that is down to the recruitment and the work Steven and the coaching staff have done with the players."

Wilson will lead a number of departments at the club's Hummel Training Centre, including the scouting system and youth academy, as part of his new role.

Although the former Falkirk, Huddersfield Town, Watford and Southampton employee will not be personally involved in the search for fresh talent, he stressed that the hunt for players is well underway.

"I'm not the chief scout or head of recruitment," he said. "We've got a strong recruitment department headed by Andy Scoulding, who I've spent a lot of time with since I came here.

"We're all going to pull our heads and our contacts together and make sure in every position we have a strong plan. It doesn't matter what position we're talking about, we have to be ready all the time and have a strong scouting plan that can take us across the next three or four transfer windows."

Having previously turned down the role at Ibrox as he felt a loyalty to Southampton, Wilson feels that he has now joined a club "in a really strong position".

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50409392