The Winter 2019/20 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

It there anyone else in our playing squad who hasn't been rubbished yet. Presumably there's some point to this incessant criticism but I'm struggling to find it.

Yet to read any criticism of Edmundson.

Needs to play a bit more for this reason alone.

8 minutes ago, NDC Gers Fan said:

Gerrard has said there is a couple signings brewing and that is seemingly not including a striker which we will need to go for now

Might need to bring in one plus that striker then, rather than the couple he was looking at

5 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Still think we missed a trick last season by not getting Shankland for buttons. Anyhoo...

Do you think we are looking at a striker that can come on loan until the end of the season? Any names jumping out? 

I thought we should have taken a gamble since he was free. And I even suspect we could have paid him a lot less than DU allegedly are with the promise that if you prove you're the real deal who can rack up the goals at this level you will get a much better contract.

If it were me I would have jumped at that even if it were half what DU were offering and I suspect he may have too. There is no comparison to the two stages even if DU were in the top league.

Edited by JFK-1

2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I thought we should have taken a gamble since he was free. And I even suspect we could have paid him a lot less than DY allegedly are with the promise that if you prove you're the real deal who can rack up the goals at this level you will get a much better contract.

If it were me I would have jumped at that even if it were half what DU were offering and I suspect he may have too. There is no comparison to the two stages even if DU were in the top league.

Its all pointless discussing it now - he went to Dundee Utd and got a pretty hefty wedge for doing so.  At the 3 million quoted I think we should be looking at better.  But the common theme in the transfer market this window has been the dearth of strikers available - why is it US that loses one of only two recognized strikers to injury - why couldn't it have been Edouard ?