The Winter 2019/20 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

2 hours ago, Frankie said:

Any player should be looking at such as a great opportunity.

1.  Morelos won't be here forever

2.  Defoe will be out for at least a month and a younger player should be looking to displace him as second choice anyway.

But my point is that we will be signing a replacement for Morelos when the money is in the bank. Anyone who comes in now will be challenging Defoe next season. We wouldn't risk signing a future replacement for Morelos with our current budget. FWIW, I think Dykes would be worth a punt if Livi were reasonable to negotiate with. I haven't seen loads of him and I could be wrong but he seems to me to be an all rounder with lots of potential. However if that Sherbrook guy's comment is true we won't be going for Dykes because he was mentioned in that thread.

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

But my point is that we will be signing a replacement for Morelos when the money is in the bank. Anyone who comes in now will be challenging Defoe next season. We wouldn't risk signing a future replacement for Morelos with our current budget. FWIW, I think Dykes would be worth a punt if Livi were reasonable to negotiate with. I haven't seen loads of him and I could be wrong but he seems to me to be an all rounder with lots of potential. However if that Sherbrook guy's comment is true we won't be going for Dykes because he was mentioned in that thread.

No, it's unlikely a cheaper option will replace Morelos but let's not forget Morleos was a cheap option too...

Dykes might be a decent option but I suspect the scouting team will have someone better.

I can't speak for his quality, but he has the right profile: Young, creative #10, that can play anywhere along the front line. 

According to the article, there's a option to buy too after the loan, which is just good business sense.  

I was going to source some of the lads videos, to see how he plays, but I'll just watch some videos of Gheorghe Hagi's goals instead. Same thing. :D