The Winter 2019/20 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

On 13/03/2020 at 13:47, craig said:

I think we could do very well if Morelos, Barisic and Tavernier went - the fear, obviously, would be that we would be losing three of our best performers - we need to ensure we get top money for them though. 

Barisic, for me, is a better player than Tierney and, whilst he is older, he is entering his prime - so 20 million should be the least we expect.  That is good money and a healthy profit given we only spent 2 on him.

Tavernier has been a fine servant - I would be expecting more than the 4 or 5 million being asked of him too.  It is EPL clubs looking at him where they spend 80 million on Harry McGuire ? - 5 million is peanuts - we should be holding out for double that IMO.  Which would also give us decent enough money to replace him.

Morelos I would still be expecting 20+ million even given his recent struggles.

That would give us about 50 million in the bank (or at least to be banked) - we wouldn't spend all of that on players clearly as we would look to retain money in the bank.  But that would be a sizeable pot of money.  Hagi and Kamberi would cost about 5.5 million between the both of them. 

We would then need a replacement for Tavernier (unless Gerrard thinks Polster and Patterson are sufficient - depends on what he is looking for given he would lose Barisic's attacking/crossing on one side and Tavernier's on the other) and Barisic - you just have to hope we can find another Barisic, possibly again in the Balkan leagues for a fraction of the income we get from him.

Kamberi would potentially be a Morelos replacement but I would say we would also need a prolific striker.  Hagi could be the #10, but I would also like to see someone on top of that who can beat an opponent and thread a ball.

At the end of the day, it is never easy to lose your best players but a) Morelos and Tavernier have lost form of late so aren't providing as much as we could be doing with b)  it would be a lot of money to leave on the table potentially and c) that money could provide more than adequate replacements as well as strengthen the squad.

It all comes down to our recruitment - and I like the moves that Ross Wilson made in January - Hagi and Kamberi have made immediate impacts - as of now, I trust Wilson to get the recruitment side of the football operations right.

I’d love to agree with everything you said, and I may have done a few weeks ago, but now I think your POV is highly optimistic (50million income for those 3) 

2 hours ago, WorthingBear91 said:

Could be some good deals out there in the summer might get Kamberi on the cheap plus Dundee United are gonna be desperate if they don't go up so shankland could be another cheap one

Or Rangers could be the club desperate to sell and failing to maximise the value of its playing assets

11 hours ago, Bill said:

I’ll be surprised if there is any meaningful transfer market this summer.

You could be right Bill, outside of out of contract players, I can't see anyone investing big bucks with so much uncertainty. Unless, there's massive reorg of our season's timing and therefore transfer open and closing times - which wholly depends on whether seasons play to a close and next season is completely revamped. 

• 1 month later...

While things do hang in the balance, some rumours floating about ...

Rangers are close to completing a move to make their loan of Ianis Hagi from Genk permanent due to a clause in their loan arrangement to buy him for £4.5 million.

This comes after both Real Madrid and Lazio were linked with the 21-year-old this month after he caught the eye in his 12 displays at Ibrox Stadium.

Rangers have been progressing the paperwork in the break in play to secure the player who is highly regarded by Steven Gerrard and his coaching staff. The youngster already has 10 caps for his national team and he fits the vision of the manager to mould his Scottish Premier League side around young talent.

Still, the £4.5m fee represents a big outlay for the Glasgow club and it will be in the top 10 biggest fees paid by Rangers in the club's history.

Hagi's greatest moment in a blue shirt was his brace in the 3-2 comeback win over Braga in the last 32 of the Europa League to book a tie against Leverkusen in the next round.

His father Gheorghe Hagi was watching on and is widely regarded as his country's greatest ever player. His time at Real Madrid in the 1990s might be one reason for Los Blancos' interest in creating a sentimental homecoming for the next generation of the family.

The attacker is currently at home in Romania during the coronavirus outbreak as leagues across Europe await news of when they can return to training and playing matches.

I just want to send some love and support from the Rangers family to the whole world, especially the doctors, nurses and health workers," Hagi said amid the stoppage in play.

"The ones that have the courage to go every single day out to work and try to save lives. On the other hand, I am really excited to get back to training. I am looking forward to seeing the guys again and be training with them every single day, but we know we are in a difficult situation right now so the only thing is just to stay healthy, stay safe, stay home, try to follow the rules and everything will be alright."

https://www.goal.com/en/news/rangers-close-to-completing-permanent-deal-for-hagi-from/oeosest42qhf10o7asowne6gy

And then there is this:

Belgian press say Rangers are interested in Simon Deli https://transfermarkt.lv/simon-deli/leistungsdatentrainer/spieler/234124/trainer_id/430 we were linked to him last season too. Let's see this time

... he sure has a stare that may intimidate Griffiths and Edouard.

Think it makes sense to sign Hagi up, he clearly enjoys it here and he is a good footballer, has potential to get better and will have good sell on value.

I think we were in for Deli last year, not sure how he got on at Brugge

I have seen a rumour about Charlie Austin floating about, if he could stay fit he would be a great option

• 3 weeks later...

Rangers open talks with former Bayern Munich midfielder – report

HEIDENHEIM, GERMANY - MARCH 07: (BILD ZEITUNG OUT) Niklas Dorsch of 1.FC Heidenheim 1846 Looks on during the Second Bundesliga match between 1. FC Heidenheim 1846 and Karlsruher SC at Voith-Arena on March 7, 2020 in Heidenheim, Germany. (Photo by Harry Langer/DeFodi Images via Getty Images)

Rangers have opened transfer talks with former Bayern Munich midfielder Niklas Dorsch, according to TZ via sport.sky.de.

GettyImages-1206419496-768x512.jpg

The 22-year-old has represented Germany at multiple age-group levels and now plays for 1. FC Heidenheim in the Bundesliga 2.

The report claims that Steven Gerrard has a strong interest in Dorsch, who is contracted until 2021, but warns that Hamburg are also tracking his progress.

Back in December 2019, the Scottish Sun suggested Celtic were plotting a £3.2m move for the 5ft 9″ midfielder.

https://www.rangersnews.uk/transfer-news/rangers-open-talks-with-former-bayern-munich-midfielder-report/amp/

Dorsch at TM -> https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/niklas-dorsch/profil/spieler/251302

NB: The website of TZ München has no link between us and Dorsch (as yet), i.e. the thing Sky Sports Germany cites as source.