Nicola Sturgeon has been reported for a potential breach of the law

7 hours ago, BEARGER said:

Its only the unionist parties and followers who spout this " eyes on one thing only" mantra. Of course governments even devolved government's have some responsibly but some on here seem to think that that equates to a fully self governing nation, the UK government has also a responsibility. 

Independence transcends everything.

4 hours ago, BEARGER said:

To get back to the original accusation in the first post. She is doing what previous FM’s have done since Jack McConnell. More made up nonsense  by unionists.

Asked about the report in The Times on a campaign visit to Aberdeen South, Ms Sturgeon said: "Just to be very clear here, when I write a handwritten note on a government submission, what happens is that my private office transcribes that note into an email that is then retained within the government in electronic form and fully open to FoI legislation.

"There is absolutely nothing different to what's happened previously or untoward in any way, and I think opposition parties should stop trying to suggest otherwise."

The policy has been in place since Jack McConnell was First Minister, Ms Sturgeon said.

Her definition of "a government submission" will do doubt differ substantially from Joe Public, and in any case she has  not denied using an SNP email account for government business has she?

It followed a report in The Times revealing that the first minister had been using her SNP email for government business. Strict data retention rules apply to government email servers, whereas information can be deleted freely on private accounts. Ms Sturgeon has said that she does not “generally use email to do government business”.

Has she picked the poor unfortunate lacky who will get the blame of mistranscribing her hand written notes yet?

Given that her government hasn't been exactly shy in purchasing shredders youd think they'd stretch to the odd scanner or two.

I'm sure you'll agree that the method employed by Boris in Downing Street of scanning and storing all handwritten notes is a far more open, honest and transparent method of conducting affairs than Elsies obstruction, no ?