My final response to them below. 

Thank you.

I will not appeal to the Information Commissioner. I note with respect that you are unable to confirm or deny whether or not the Compliance Officer has been contacted by the BBC Scotland sports team based on data analysis as you do not collect data, but rather you assert faith in the impartiality of BBC Scotland. Not quite the same thing and please note BBC Scotland have had to make several formal apologies to Rangers FC in respect of inaccurate editing and unequal or unfair reporting. 

Yours sincerely. 
Edited by Walterbear

Seems to me there are quite a few people like @Walterbear doing sterling work interrogating the likes of the BBC about activities detrimental to Rangers. When you look at this forum's own "Pacific Quay Musings",for example, there's a terrific catalogue of injustice. It's just a pity their work wasn't more widely publicised. We know the mainstream media are more likely to be complicit in these activities than to report them and it beggars the question what else might be done.

Many businesses use online target marketing devices to reach out to a wide but defined audience and I always thought that Rangers fans could be doing something similar at a very moderate cost, certainly a lot less than buying a couple of million Rangers shares, and reaching out to thousands of people on a weekly or monthly basis, including well beyond the boundary of the Rangers support. Preaching to the unconverted can sometimes have remarkable effects. To my mind this should be core business for a supporters' organisation.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

Seems to me there are quite a few people like @Walterbear doing sterling work interrogating the likes of the BBC about activities detrimental to Rangers. When you look at this forum's own "Pacific Quay Musings",for example, there's a terrific catalogue of injustice. It's just a pity their work wasn't more widely publicised. We know the mainstream media are more likely to be complicit in these activities than to report them and it beggars the question what else might be done.

Many businesses use online target marketing devices to reach out to a wide but defined audience and I always thought that Rangers fans could be doing something similar at a very moderate cost, certainly a lot less than buying a couple of million Rangers shares, and reaching out to thousands of people on a weekly or monthly basis, including well beyond the boundary of the Rangers support. Preaching to the unconverted can sometimes have remarkable effects. To my mind this should be core business for a supporters' organisation.

I agree Bill. I think it’s well worth taking all of the work from that thread, consolidating it to a readable compelling format and consider the best way to publish it within and beyond the converted.  The observations in that thread are too important to lose and point to shocking impartiality. The issues to be overcome are that the info doesn’t fall neatly within FOI although it’s possible to be creative and claims of impartiality is easily batted off with the stock response of editorial privileges.

If someone could consolidate into one long text document with the actual dates of incidents I’d be happy to do further work in terms of creating a more readable document which could then be used more powerfully. 

Just now, Walterbear said:

I agree Bill. I think it’s well worth taking all of the work from that thread, consolidating it to a readable compelling format and consider the best way to publish it within and beyond the converted.  The observations in that thread are too important to lose and point to shocking impartiality. The issues to be overcome are that the info doesn’t fall neatly within FOI although it’s possible to be creative and claims of impartiality is easily batted off with the stock response of editorial privileges.

If someone could consolidate into one long text document with the actual dates of incidents I’d be happy to do further work in terms of creating a more readable document which could then be used more powerfully. 

Have a look at a self-updating mailing device such as Mailchimp or similar that could be used not only to transmit information globally but would also provide feedback on who reads it, how many reads you get, etc etc. While there may be sense in sending out everything historical at once, looking forward it might be much more effective to have regular updates, which is where something like Mailchimp comes into it's own.