SASA PAPAC has revealed he is not interested in a transfer to St Etienne.

The Bosnian defender had been linked with a move to the French cracks but insists he is happy to stay and fight for his place at Ibrox.

He said: "I am under contract at Glasgow Rangers until June 2009. St Etienne doesn't interest me."

Papac was one of three arrivals from Austria Vienna last summer and, after being used sparingly by Paul Le Guen, became increasingly influential in the second half of the campaign under Walter Smith.

he played good the last few months of the season. Well done big man

This seems like common sense, he's looked OK at times this season, so why sell him and then spend the same (or more) money on a replacement. We have to sort out the creative and scoring problems in our midfield first. Replacing Papac was a bit of a luxury I think.

Hope not. He's been pretty solid when called upon without ever standing out. A good player to have since he can cover a number of positions.

IMO Murray is one of the worst players to pull on a Rangers shirt since Jim Denny.

Cammy F

I dont think it made sense to sell Papac. Selling a guy for probably less than £1m, and then paying over the odds for this Konchevsky guy.

Seems silly to me, we'd lose money and after all the guy has done a decent job. I've always thought he looked decent at centre half where he only played a handful of games. I thought his criticism came from his performances at left back. I did agree with that criticism at first but since Walter's been back, he's looked a lot more composed wherever he's been asked to play.

I dont think it made sense to sell Papac. Selling a guy for probably less than �£1m, and then paying over the odds for this Konchevsky guy.

Seems silly to me, we'd lose money and after all the guy has done a decent job. I've always thought he looked decent at centre half where he only played a handful of games. I thought his criticism came from his performances at left back. I did agree with that criticism at first but since Walter's been back, he's looked a lot more composed wherever he's been asked to play.

My only complaint of him at LB now is that he just sits in the LB position and doesn't get forward like Smith or Hutton.