Rod Petrie will call on the SPFL to impose a league shutdown before Scotland’s Euro play-off.

I don’t give a stuff what the ”national” team does, total disinterest, and they should keep their noses out of club affairs. If this goes ahead, I really hope it backfires on them badly. 

Edited by Bill

19 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Because it will be contrary to the well defined rules of sporting integrity?

If at all possible wrt dates, two governing bodies of the Scottish game should be able to come to an agreement to do all they can to help the national team in a bid to qualify for the Euros.

We can go for the typical messageboard reaction but in the real world Scotland getting to a Finals would give Scottish football a much needed shot in the arm and for however much we don't like it,...it is where we have to ply our trade.

There has even been informal views publicly expressed by both managers of us and them regards helping Scottish clubs playing in Europe.

Mainly because of a lack of dates, I doubt anything will come of this unless a team were to go deep in the competition.  

With both teams still in the competition, I think the governing bodies should state NOW what they would provisionally look to do come next springtime...or say that they are unable to do anything.

17 hours ago, buster. said:

We can go for the typical messageboard reaction but in the real world Scotland getting to a Finals would give Scottish football a much needed shot in the arm and for however much we don't like it,...it is where we have to ply our trade.

It’s much more than a message-board reaction. I would suggest the majority of Rangers supporters don’t give two hoots about the Scottish National side. They don’t give a monkeys about the SFA and won’t be helping any of them do anything.
Never Forgive-Never Forget!