HRH THE DUKE OF YORK KG GCVO CD ADC

Yes I watched it. Goodness knows who at the Palace thought this was a good idea, it was a car crash interview. I was wondering what would have happened if Neil or Paxman had done the interview. Couple of things just too weird for me, 1. The non sweating due to being shot at during Falklands War. 2. Goes to tell his pall we can no longer be palls but stays 4 days in his house. This after telling us he was not close to the guy and it was his girlfriend (Maxwell) he was freindly  with.

Clearly the complete tosser he’s long been said to be. Should be withdrawn from all public duties and subject to the same laws as everyone else. However, there are more important issues needing airtime than this titled clown. 

He would have been better to have said “he was my pal, I liked the bloke”. That would have  been better than invoking honour.  I sometimes wonder if there are any clever blokes in PR or if they’re all dense.

It seems the Duke’s PR bloke resigned because his advice not to do the interview was ignored. Other PR guys saying the interview was a disaster. Maybe they’re not so dense after all.

Edited by Scott7

This is spin. Excerpts from BBC website.
“The Duke of York says he is stepping back from royal duties because the Jeffrey Epstein scandal has become a "major disruption" to the Royal Family.

Prince Andrew, 59, said he had asked the Queen for permission to withdraw for the "foreseeable future".

He stated in the Maitlis interview  he first met Epstein in 1999 but Since the interview, a letter written in 2011 to the Times newspaper by Buckingham Palace has emerged, saying they met in the early 1990s.“