for the cynical among us - no quality signings this summer?

now, we've all been put under the impression that murray and bain will be delivering a few quality players this close season. as someone said, the statement that we don't want to spend all our money on one player, brown, implies that there is at least 4 million odd to spend.

the general figure that has been bandied about in the press was ten million.

but you sceptics think that perhaps neither will be realised. that there may even be a chance we get to the beginning of the new season without bringing any new faces in, or, at least, till after the qualifiers.

this would, of course, gutting to all the players that came out to the press and stated their desire for more quality at the club, and would be contrary to all the promises made, but i get the impression that some people here think that, despite this, nothings going to happen.

so, for those people, my question is 'how do you think david murray's going to portray this fact that we havent spent anything to the fans?', or 'how is he going to get away with it?'. yesterday the labour justice dude came out with a plain faced announcement that they would be releasing 25k prisoners early, despite, in an interview a few weeks earlier saying that it wasn't supposed to saying not one would be released early, and to do so would be 'wrong, wrong, wrong'. do you think murray's just going to do such a barefaced turnaround, or is there going to be something more subtle at work?

cynics, lets hear ye.

Guest Sutton_Blows_Goats

I honestly can't see us signing anyone of any note, i think Gow, Broadfoot and Darcheville and Greame Smith are it. Maybe we'll sign another striker but i doubt it.

We always seem to be linked with big names at season ticket re-newall time and they never ever come through, its been the same for years.

We have let go fo Klos and Prso so we can offer big wages, but we won't, there is an overwelming need to be overly prudent.

I feel the most annoying thing is that we're sitting here more in hope rather than expectation.

While I'm happy that we're not doing our transfer dealings through the press (unlike Celtic) I'd like to hear a wee bit more from the club in terms of assurances of more signings.

In the meantime, we have to be patient - signings will happen. If they don't, there will be no hiding place for Murray.

I honestly can't see us signing anyone of any note, i think Gow, Broadfoot and Darcheville and Greame Smith are it. Maybe we'll sign another striker but i doubt it.

We always seem to be linked with big names at season ticket re-newall time and they never ever come through, its been the same for years.

We have let go fo Klos and Prso so we can offer big wages, but we won't, there is an overwelming need to be overly prudent.

how do you think murray will get out of it after promising more than these players? what do you think the average fan's response will be?

In the meantime, we have to be patient - signings will happen. If they don't, there will be no hiding place for Murray.

do you think there will be no hiding place for murray? do you think fans will boycott etc?

what would you think the fall out would be if this were to happen.

I think we'll sign a few more players but I dont expect any world beaters.

It will be the likes of Cuellar and McCulloch IMO. But they both will improve the squad.

d'you think thats in line with what murray promised? cuellar and mculloch wont come to ten mill.

I just wish David Murray would take a rope....tie it round his neck and dangle from his 'moonbeams of success'. If it wasn't for Mad Vlad taking Hearts 2 steps forward and 6 steps back we could have been the 3rd best team in Scotland 2 years running.

Just wish the guy would show some transparancy but with Sir David it's all lies lies and smokescreens.

Malky

d'you think thats in line with what murray promised? cuellar and mculloch wont come to ten mill.

Yeah that would seem about right but it could be more to the point that thats who Walter has identified as "realistic" signings.

Im sure when WS and AM came back in Jan they would have said that "x" amount has to be available in the summer but they will use that shrewedly.

Anyone else who comes in will be bosmans or under 750k IMO.

The problem is that while the tide has well and truly turned against DM on forums like this one and FF, he still has a massive support amongst the fans. I honestly don't know what it would take for the majority of the support to see just how much damage the guy is doing.