HMRC's Home for Peculiar Practice

2 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

The fact remains that when Rangers entered administration on 14th Feb 2012 the debt was £55m of which £21m was owed to HMRC who had deliberately allowed Whyte to go 6 months without paying Tax/NI. 

This meant that HMRC were owed more than 25 percent of the total meaning they could block a CVA which they did.

The BTC hadn’t been decided at the time of administration.  It had been appealed & the FTTT didn’t report back til Nov 2012

Methinks at the time it was explained that HMRC will probably have send him their demands, although it was said that they have a certain allowance period anyway. They would then send a few demands and after 6 months or so, they would arrive in force and person, which they did. That was essentially roundabout the time he declared admin.

Whether that was the case, I assume it will be very hard to prove that HMRC acted deliberately. What begs the question though is the demand remarked upon in the article I posted above, where he had enforcers seemingly chasing before he even set a foot inside Ibrox. And if that  was the case, why did no-one at HMRC made this public or came to him during his first few days of his ill-fated reign? Those are questions that spring immediately to mind and without being an investigative mastermind ...

59 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Methinks at the time it was explained that HMRC will probably have send him their demands, although it was said that they have a certain allowance period anyway. They would then send a few demands and after 6 months or so, they would arrive in force and person, which they did. That was essentially roundabout the time he declared admin.

Whether that was the case, I assume it will be very hard to prove that HMRC acted deliberately. What begs the question though is the demand remarked upon in the article I posted above, where he had enforcers seemingly chasing before he even set a foot inside Ibrox. And if that  was the case, why did no-one at HMRC made this public or came to him during his first few days of his ill-fated reign? Those are questions that spring immediately to mind and without being an investigative mastermind ...

HMRC acted mysteriously throughout Whyte’s term of office at Rangers.

However I’m sure BDO will do all they  can to get answers...

BTW ... the SNP of this day and age is seemingly a rather peculiar bunch of people, similar to those who occupy the seats in the mhedia and most football authorities. Agenda-driven and on a very small scale at that, doing the utmost to pander to their peculiar followers while making the most of antagonising the rest / opposition. But they are not alone in this on the planet right now.

2 hours ago, Bluedell said:

And some try and say that the SNP aren't anti-Rangers. ?

A vote for the SNP is a vote against Rangers. 

I still maintain that while it's entirely possible to vote for the SNP and support Rangers, it's only possible to do so by compromising one or the other of these positions. Since I've yet to meet one of these strange Janus people who will have a word said against the SNP, I can only assume self-harm syndrome is a defining characteristic among them. 

What a bizarre motion!?!  We have hundreds of issues we are facing in this country and yet this is worthy of a motion.  This just shows how deep his feelings are against Rangers and I really wish others would see right through this pathetic abuse of our political system.  I realise there are bigots on all sides, but we really do seem to have more than a fair share of them taking shots at our club.

I'm not for or against any particular political party, but when I see the politicians we currently have I'd be happy to vote for Trump if he promised to build a wall around Holyrood, without a door to let any of them escape.  These people are too stupid and too dangerous to allow them out on to our streets, never mind making laws and setting policy.