HMRC's Home for Peculiar Practice

10 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

These motions are meaningless. Nothing happens unless some other msp bothers to oppose it. There is no debate in the Chamber. There is no continuing effect. 

These motions are raised to reassert and proclaim values and loyalties. They’re a public declaration for all to see of the views of an individual and, by inference, their party. In that respect they are far from meaningless. 

20 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

These motions are meaningless. Nothing happens unless some other msp bothers to oppose it. There is no debate in the Chamber. There is no continuing effect. 

Showboating; grandstanding. 

Curiously, where there may be some dubiety about the probity of the treatment of a Scottish Institution by a UK Government organ, a Nationalist MP chooses to side with the latter. 

Is this a first?

11 minutes ago, Bill said:

These motions are raised to reassert and proclaim values and loyalties. They’re a public declaration for all to see of the views of an individual and, by inference, their party. In that respect they are far from meaningless. 

Maybe I miss something in this, but he says Rangers had HMRC problems, The (English) Times raised an issue with HMRC and HMRC has replied. What good is this repeating of known news?

16 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Maybe I miss something in this, but he says Rangers had HMRC problems, The (English) Times raised an issue with HMRC and HMRC has replied. What good is this repeating of known news?

You’re not missing anything, dB. 

See Uilleam at #23 above.

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

It's a excellent way of proclaiming your commitment to the cause. There's little point being a bigot if no one can see you bigotry.

3 hours ago, Gaffer said:

What a bizarre motion!?!  We have hundreds of issues we are facing in this country and yet this is worthy of a motion.  This just shows how deep his feelings are against Rangers and I really wish others would see right through this pathetic abuse of our political system.  I realise there are bigots on all sides, but we really do seem to have more than a fair share of them taking shots at our club.

I'm not for or against any particular political party, but when I see the politicians we currently have I'd be happy to vote for Trump if he promised to build a wall around Holyrood, without a door to let any of them escape.  These people are too stupid and too dangerous to allow them out on to our streets, never mind making laws and setting policy.

Does he ever get dug up about these things? I assume he just passes the blame to "a member of the public asking him to"?

8 hours ago, ian1964 said:

There’s a GE in a fortnight & Mason is trying to secure the yahoo vote who no longer vote SLAB.

Any Rangers supporter voting SNP should realise that they are the tartan Sinn Fein. They hate us

Show me any SNP politician who supports Rangers

4 hours ago, Rick Roberts said:

Does he ever get dug up about these things? I assume he just passes the blame to "a member of the public asking him to"?

Clearly not.  Remember that this was the guy who went unpunished for saying that tax avoidance was as bad as child molesting.  How can anyone vote for a scumbag who thinks that, never mind one who says it publicly and thinks he's right?!?  And that's the current state of our political class?