Point To Prove

THOMAS BUFFEL has insisted that he's happy to stay at Ibrox after speaking to manager Walter Smith about his future at the club.

The Belgian midfielder, who is close to recovering fully from a troublesome knee injury, told the Daily Express that he can still be an important player for Rangers but is also aware that he could be sold if a suitable transfer fee is put on the table.

He said: "I had a conversation with the manager and he counts on me for next season.

"However, if I improve and the club gets a good transfer fee I could go.

"But I'm satisfied with my recovery and believe Rangers will discover a new player."

Good news IMO, I think we could still see the best of him yet

Well with our squad thisnow i would be playing a 4-3-1-2

So that means there is a position for just behind the Strikers and either Buffel or Gow can play there. Would love Buffel to come good again

I'm not so sure. What makes this seaso any different from the previous 2 and a half? He's got the potential to be a great player for us but only ever shows it in glimpses.

Sounds like Lovenkrands a little really

Inconsistent, lightweight, injury prone and a poor finisher. But has also suffered from being played out wide which arguable doesn't suit him and is one of the few creative players we have.

The Buffel question is one of the most difficult to answer but I'm sick of players under-achieving year after year then coming out with patronising quotes.

IF Buffel can knuckle down and contribute more quality, more often then he could save us some money. Unfortunately, all the signs suggest it won't be the case.

I'm going to try a bit of reverse psychology here - for the last 2 season I've suggested Buffel would be our player of the year. Both times he's largely failed to get even close. Maybe this time, if I tip him to leave, he'll come good.

Buffel for PotY!

We ruined Arveladze by playing him out on the wing, but i rate Shota far higher than Buffel. I wish we had given Shota a good chance. Big Eck fckd up big time with him. With Buffel it is so frustrating you know he has the skill but he just does not seem to get in where it hurts. I would say give him his last chance but if he fails by xmas then put him in the january sales.

If a good offer comes in for him then we should rub our hands and grab it.