[FT] Feyenoord 2 - 2 Rangers (Morelos 53, 66)

That's your preview published on the main site, @pete:

https://www.gersnet.co.uk/index.php/news-category/match-analysis/1103-feyenoord-vs-rangers-feyenoord-a-club-in-chaos

It's also my first go at the graphic - my attempt at trying to fill Frankie's substantial shoes during his holiday.

Everyone - please tell me if I make any mistakes in the graphics.    

Didn't Advocaat sack their captain?

I think he also said the atmosphere in the stadium was like a funeral!

It's almost a good time to play them, in the sense that they are in transition, but also not, because Advocaat will get a bump in performance, I think. 

I think it'll be a tricky game. I'll take the draw. 

The Hamilton game was huge! this match is huge! and every other match is huge and we can't afford to drop any league points in this block of matches. Brilliant, what a difference when we have a team that can at least put in a realistic challenge for the league and also our record & performances in Europe has at least proven we can compete with most teams. 

The game on Thursday will be extremely tough, however we are capable of going there and winning, which would be perfect, really looking forward to it.

General story at the press conference Botteghin came out first and when asked what they had done to improve from the first leg to see what went wrong  he said  they had studied video's. He said Advocaat had brought a different philosophy and was improving confidence. He said the Rangers strikers were aggressive and they would need to match that. Rangers should expect to see a different Feyenoord tomorrow and they are going to try the forward press, unlike having to go onto the back foot as against Groningen.

Advocaat.

A lot of injuries but he would not say who.

A Lamont from BBC Scotland asked what he thought of Rangers.  Scottish teams are underestimated in Holland but Celtic and Rangers are amongst the top European teams and it will be a difficult game. Rangers showed what they can do at ibrox and Feyenoord never turned up. That will have to be different.

Thought Gerrard was a great player and looks like he is improving Rangers but he is new and training Youths is different to training top teams. It looks like he could go on to be a top coach. Rangers have bought good players and are a good team it will be difficult.

Thoughts on Morelos and Defoe. My only thought is only one will play. DA: Or do you think different? Journalist: No. DA. Well that is that then.?

Advocaat had his best time at Ibrox and it is a special club even down to the wash lady. When asked about Zenit beating Rangers he said I am confident of beating Rangers tomorrow but I was far more confident back then.

Will it be a surprise if Feyenoord beat Rangers? Yes!

Again he stated that he wants Feyenoord to control the game but it is not always possible as sometimes the other team have better players.

Then when asked about Fernando Ricksen he wished his family well and that such a young daughter should not be missing her father. He said I took Fernando to Rangers and he became a legend there. Then I took him to Zenit and he became a legend there. Unfortunately it was not on the park. Even in his dark period he was always honest with me though.

That was it in a nutshell really and not translated word for word