[FT] Feyenoord 2 - 2 Rangers (Morelos 53, 66)

25 minutes ago, compo said:

I am not deflated quiet happy we came home with a point as our first half display was very shoddy and poor .

Aye--it's a good result, one which I would have ripped your hand off for prior to the game. 

1 hour ago, MacK1950 said:

If the knobheads have again put our club in jeopardy it now proves they are total irresponsible brain dead thickheads  and do not deserve the honour of being followers of our club..

The club MUST find a way of identifying them so that the most severe action can be taken against them.

Once again I say that the forumee constantly defending such antics to me it seems that he is a Union Bear.

The club has tried long and hard to change the mindset of these morons. The only thing I can see will ever change things is for the club to do more to ensure away tickets only get in the hands of decent fans by implementing some kind of "approved supporter" scheme but it's hard to see how that would work in practice.

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

The only thing I can see will ever change things is for the club to do more to ensure away tickets only get in the hands of decent fans by implementing some kind of "approved supporter" scheme but it's hard to see how that would work in practice.

The Scottish Government could step in and give their input on what merits approval.  

1 hour ago, Uilleam said:

The Club could pay dearly for  'discriminatory' chanting, whether or not 'discriminatory' banners were on display.

As those responsible know, without doubt, the likely implications of such behaviour, I find it intensely frustrating and irritating that they choose to go ahead, anyway. 

Consistent scoring of own goals in this manner cannot be defended. 

I can only put what amounts to contempt for the Club down to blind arrogance.

As the Greeks noted, such hubris tends to be followed by nemesis. Unfortunately, in current circumstance,  the irresponsibles responsible will dodge the punishment, which will fall upon the Club, and perhaps, on other supporters. This, too, may not be defended. 

I fear it's going to result in full stadium closure v YB on a crucial night when we needed the backing of the crowd. Judging from what i'm reading there is no way out of this. It seems certain to be a stadium closure.

And personally I despise those responsible for this and will hold them responsible not just for the obvious million pound loss and dragging down the reputation of the club but the loss of further millions if we don't win that game.

These are not real supporters. Real supporters would not deliberately and maliciously cost the club so very dearly. They're an embarrassing liability who have to be rooted out if the club is ever going to reach the heights the real supporters want it to.

The UEFA rule that means Rangers could face Young Boys at an empty Ibrox

Rangers may have to play Swiss side Young Boys in an empty stadium if UEFA announce charges for alleged racist and sectarian behaviour by fans in Rotterdam.

Record Sport reporter Gary Ralston and other journalists present reported hearing such chants in the stadium, an infraction that has the potential for very severe consequences.

UEFA’s Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body have already closed off sections of Ibrox as a result of previous illicit singing, against St Josephs and Legia Warsaw, and a third charge would likely see a full stadium closure.

The Article 14 rules on racism and other discriminatory conduct state: "If one or more of a member association or club’s supporters engage in the behaviour described in paragraph 1, the member association or club responsible is punished with a minimum of a partial stadium closure.

"The following disciplinary measures apply in the event of recidivism: a. a second offence is punished with one match played behind closed doors and a fine of € 50,000; b. any subsequent offence is punished with more than one match behind closed doors, a stadium closure, the forfeiting of a match, the deduction of points and/or disqualification from the competition.

"If the circumstances of the case require it, the competent disciplinary body may impose additional disciplinary measures on the member association or club responsible, such as the playing of one or more matches behind closed doors, a stadium closure, the forfeiting of a match, the deduction of points and/or disqualification from the competition."

The club are likely to find out in the coming days if they face sanction.

Rangers avoided playing their first match of Group G against Feyenoord behind closed doors after they refused to take tickets to the second fixture of the group against Young Boys.

They also released a strongly worded statement stating: "Those fans responsible for this partial closure of  Ibrox Stadium  need to understand that they are damaging our club. If there is a further incidence at tomorrow night’s match this could lead to a ground closure.

"The same applies to those who indulged in sectarian singing in Warsaw last week and that is why we have taken the decision to make UEFA aware that we will decline tickets for our next away match even though this means that, once again, the many must suffer because of the few.

"This kind of behaviour has no place at Ibrox, or anywhere else where our many teams appear. Offenders must please stop. You are endangering your club which has recently launched its Everyone Anyone project aimed at welcoming all to Ibrox.

"Those who wish to sing offensive songs must realise by now that they are insulting Rangers players, staff, and fellow fans.

"There is nothing clever, bold or even defiant in what this small number of supporters are doing.

"By supporting Rangers in the correct way the rest of us must strive to protect our great club. One way or another this offensive behaviour must end and it would be much more preferable if we stopped it ourselves, simply by behaving like true Rangers fans."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/uefa-rule-means-rangers-could-20987420

46 minutes ago, Bill said:

The club has tried long and hard to change the mindset of these morons. The only thing I can see will ever change things is for the club to do more to ensure away tickets only get in the hands of decent fans by implementing some kind of "approved supporter" scheme but it's hard to see how that would work in practice.

I don’t think it would work and I’d rather not take the chance. If it’s true and FARE are reporting us we need to get on the phone to UEFA and tell them we’re not taking away tickets. The away support are brilliant in terms of noise and passion but now can’t be trusted and anyone singing add ons at these matches is not a true Rangers supporter. We’ve seen Dave King this very week talking about how much personal money he and others £30m have put into the club and £1.5m could be wiped out by a stadium closure. 

2 minutes ago, Walterbear said:

If it’s true and FARE are reporting us we need to get on the phone to UEFA and tell them we’re not taking away tickets. The away support are brilliant in terms of noise and passion but now can’t be trusted and anyone singing add ons at these matches is not a true Rangers supporter. We’ve seen Dave King this very week talking about how much personal money he and others £30m have put into the club and £1.5m could be wiped out by a stadium closure. 

It is true that banned songs were sung, I heard it. Whether it's being reported by FARE or not I don't know. But you can be sure others outside FARE will point it out to UEFA.