BREAKING: Rangers won’t face partial stadium closure

2 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

I predict a Tim-plosion on social media tonight after the news we’re not getting a stadium closure next week...?

Liewell will be looking for a replacement for Delaney

To be fair, there’s a bit of an old implosion going on right here tonight. ?

4 hours ago, pete said:

The Netherlands has a quick court for football hooligans or supporters who have erred. there were 6 arrested. After the quick court 4 were released to await a trial on 21st Nov and 2 were kept in custody until the court case. the trial lasted 8.5 hours

2 got 2months in jail

2 got 6 weeks jail

1 got 1 month jail

1 was not guilty and released.

This was in answer to DB's question over the Celtic supporters.

Hm .. seemingly NOT widely reported all over Scotland?

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

You would have to think if the fans did sing banned words with FARE in attendance it would be reported! FARE would be delighted to report that,  they never and UEFA would have acted on said report! only thing reported was the fireworks. 

I had to watch the match on an illegal stream and I never heard it. 

I heard it. Others heard it. We all heard it which leaves us with three possibilities. One we're all liars and for some unknown reason want to vilify the club for something that didn't happen. Two we all had exactly the same hallucination even while thousands of miles apart. Or three we actually heard it which I can guarantee you we did.

Fans who were in the stadium reported hearing it. Some apparently heard it in the stadium while others in other parts of the stadium did not.

Would I prefer it hadn't happened? Of course I would but I can't pretend that it didn't when I clearly heard it. I listen on a headset. I heard it clear as day.

Further 'ear witness' from our very own podcast. And this is why i'm so derisive of the truly witless nature of babbling on about "daily record hearsay"

Primed to start when it's mentioned he heard it. As I did.

Let's not deny it happened, or we're just encouraging those who sang it to do so again. It did happen and it put the club at risk. 

Next time, it'll be be the other team sticking on the song with the Fare rep waiting and none of their support singing. We'll be so easy to set up because our support have shown they have little discipline. 

I'll be shocked if the club take tickets for the next Euro away game. The message is obviously still not getting through and the fans involved are being incredibly selfish.

17 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Let's not deny it happened, or we're just encouraging those who sang it to do so again. It did happen and it put the club at risk. 

Exactly. The club has been put at risk and we have the sight of that being fatuously put down to 'daily record hearsay'. Which is precisely the type of response those who hate the club want to see.

Denial of indisputable recorded reality is exactly what they want to see because that makes the support look ridiculous and by extension the club look ridiculous.

I wasn't at the game, so cannot possibly comment on what was or wasn't  sung in Rotterdam. That can only be done by those at the game in the away section. 

I do sometimes worry though that some folks might hear what they want to hear.

2 minutes ago, gaspard said:

I wasn't at the game, so cannot possibly comment on what was or wasn't  sung in Rotterdam. That can only be done by those at the game in the away section. 

I do sometimes worry though that some folks might hear what they want to hear.

Do you think Rangers fans who heard it were hearing what they want to hear? I suppose some might like the ones who were actually doing it but the vast majority did not want to hear it.