BREAKING: Rangers won’t face partial stadium closure

2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Do you think Rangers fans who heard it were hearing what they want to hear? 

I think, Rangers fans in the away section heard what they heard. Folks like me listening to broadcast audio shouldn't comment. 

27 minutes ago, gaspard said:

I think, Rangers fans in the away section heard what they heard. Folks like me listening to broadcast audio shouldn't comment. 

Well if you doubt your own ears perhaps you shouldn't comment. But there are others who who do know what they heard and unsurprisingly it was exactly the same thing those in the away section who reported hearing the offending chants that those watching the stream heard. I heard it and cringed. So did others.

And if you didn't as you say you didn't you're right. You shouldn't comment at all but here you are saying people hear what they want to hear when the exact opposite is actually the truth in this case. I was hearing something I most definitely did not want to hear. And neither did the person talking about what he heard at the following link. Again, he was not hearing what he wanted to hear.

2 hours ago, gaspard said:

I have no doubt a few Rangers supporters did sing the add-on but it definitely wasn't audible to those of us watching the match on TV.  The YouTube clip I posted backs that up quite solidly.

If you get a choir and 30 of them sing some words and 2 of them sing slightly different words, to the same melody and timing, unless the 2 are singing at unusually low or high pitches, their words will easily be drowned out by the other 30 (unless you're wearing red pants and a cape, of course or unless the mics are set up in a very unusual manner).  

However, I may be babbling incoherently, I may be a mutant humanoid goldfish or I may associate only with simpletons....you can decide that for yourself (but I do have a qualification in Sound Engineering).

Edited by Gonzo79

7 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I heard it. Others heard it. We all heard it which leaves us with three possibilities. One we're all liars and for some unknown reason want to vilify the club for something that didn't happen. Two we all had exactly the same hallucination even while thousands of miles apart. Or three we actually heard it which I can guarantee you we did.

Fans who were in the stadium reported hearing it. Some apparently heard it in the stadium while others in other parts of the stadium did not.

Would I prefer it hadn't happened? Of course I would but I can't pretend that it didn't when I clearly heard it. I listen on a headset. I heard it clear as day.

I'm not calling anyone liars, I'm saying I didn't hear it on a dodgy stream and I'm saying FARE didn't hear it or chose not to report it!.

Some of our fans need to stop harming the club.

Edited by ian1964

4 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Exactly. The club has been put at risk and we have the sight of that being fatuously put down to 'daily record hearsay'. Which is precisely the type of response those who hate the club want to see.

Denial of indisputable recorded reality is exactly what they want to see because that makes the support look ridiculous and by extension the club look ridiculous.

Denial of something that didn't happen is not ridiculous, it's superfluous

No charges relating to chanting, therefor as far as UEFA are concerned nothing happened, I’m aware of nothing from FARE so assume they heard nothing.

In fact the only sources who seems determined to highlight this are the usual suspects in the gutter media and some forum contributors.

For the record I neither condone nor condemn anything I have not personally been involved with or witnessed, nevertheless I do absolutely respect your right to comment on anything and everything you wish.

However, I sometimes wonder if the overall interests of Rangers are best served by open forum contributors unequivocally confirming incidents that the club have not been cited for by the governing bodies.

Ask yourself this, in this particular case and time who are doing the most damage to our club? A few over exuberant travelling fans who may or may not have added a few words to a Neil Diamond song or those who continue to feed the HNC accredited trolls masquerading as journalist in Scotland who scavenge social media for unverified third party opinions.

17 minutes ago, gaspard said:

However, I sometimes wonder if the overall interests of Rangers are best served by open forum contributors unequivocally confirming incidents that the club have not been cited for by the governing bodies.

Ask yourself this, in this particular case and time who are doing the most damage to our club? A few over exuberant travelling fans who may or may not have added a few words to a Neil Diamond song or those who continue to feed the HNC accredited trolls masquerading as journalist in Scotland who scavenge social media for unverified third party opinions.

I can understand that viewpoint, but if we sit back and do or say nothing then it'll happen again.

We've seen that already and it's resulted in part of our ground being closed, and with us not accepting tickets for an away game. The journalists aren't to blame for that happening. It's the fans singing the songs that have harmed the club. We can sit back and try and hide it or we can try and be proactive and continue to get the message across that they are continuing to harm the club and they have to stop.

I couldn’t hear it on that clip. If there are 3k bears and 10 sing add ons with a mic not far from them, then I don’t think that’s a charge either as it’s not a collective support but a small group who need lifted. Anyway, that’s another argument.

I personally hope the club don’t take tickets as there is potential for this to happen. It’s a set up with UEFA as you dont know who is wearing your clubs colours as a fan at European away grounds. This is obvious and Shame FC have been telling us all sorts of fans have been infiltrating them and using this excuse.

59 minutes ago, gaspard said:

Denial of something that didn't happen is not ridiculous, it's superfluous

No charges relating to chanting, therefor as far as UEFA are concerned nothing happened, I’m aware of nothing from FARE so assume they heard nothing.

In fact the only sources who seems determined to highlight this are the usual suspects in the gutter media and some forum contributors.

For the record I neither condone nor condemn anything I have not personally been involved with or witnessed, nevertheless I do absolutely respect your right to comment on anything and everything you wish.

Bingo!

I believe that our club had officially 3,000 tickets allocated,and I would think they have a record of whom they were issued to.However I have read reports of up to another 4,000 Gers fans at game.

If that is so where did they get the tickets and from who?.

IMO that would pose problems as Rangers had no control over the extra fans and could be unfairly charged as a possibility of these ones being the culprits.

33 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I can understand that viewpoint, but if we sit back and do or say nothing then it'll happen again.

We've seen that already and it's resulted in part of our ground being closed, and with us not accepting tickets for an away game. The journalists aren't to blame for that happening. It's the fans singing the songs that have harmed the club. We can sit back and try and hide it or we can try and be proactive and continue to get the message across that they are continuing to harm the club and they have to stop.

I have my doubts that making a fuss about it on Gersnet will act as a deterrent against the people who sing these songs - or that failing to do so will serve as encouragement.

I've been around Rangers fans for more than half a century. I'm convinced nothing will change the behaviour of these idiots and only their exclusion will help Rangers and the other fans who don't find it difficult to conduct themselves responsibly. Forty years ago they were pissing in bottles and launching them from the back of the stands on to our own fans at the front. Today they measure their worth by how loudly they can bellow obscenities about an enemy that largely doesn't exist. I'm very lucky that I no longer have to live among riff raff, I just wish I had the same choice when I go to watch my team.