BREAKING: Rangers won’t face partial stadium closure

1 minute ago, Bill said:

Forty years ago they were pissing in bottles and launching them from the back of the stands on to our own fans at the front. T

Ahhh memories from the terraces. I only go as far back as 85 but do remember it was never advised to be down the front of the terracing. All sorts could come raining down?

24 minutes ago, Bill said:

I have my doubts that making a fuss about it on Gersnet will act as a deterrent against the people who sing these songs - or that failing to do so will serve as encouragement.

Yeah, Gersnet on its own won't have much of an impact but it's not just Gersnet. There needs to be a united front to try and continue to get the message across on all types of social media. Some of the songs appear to have disappeared so it's working to an extent. However, you're probably right that it may be impossible to change some of them.

We can all do our little bit regarding fans who say things they shouldn't.  I don't think name calling or abuse will change their minds - a polite word will be more effective. 

There will always be an element who are too intoxicated or just don't care though.

Edited by Gonzo79

On 03/12/2019 at 11:41, Bill said:

I have my doubts that making a fuss about it on Gersnet will act as a deterrent against the people who sing these songs - or that failing to do so will serve as encouragement.

I've been around Rangers fans for more than half a century. I'm convinced nothing will change the behaviour of these idiots and only their exclusion will help Rangers and the other fans who don't find it difficult to conduct themselves responsibly. Forty years ago they were pissing in bottles and launching them from the back of the stands on to our own fans at the front. Today they measure their worth by how loudly they can bellow obscenities about an enemy that largely doesn't exist. I'm very lucky that I no longer have to live among riff raff, I just wish I had the same choice when I go to watch my team. 

1980 Scottish cup final. My last game before I moved to Holland. Absolutely shocking and a fair amount of kids taken away with head wounds. Thankfully these days are in the past. BUT!  Unfortunately when one door shuts another opens as we are now hit with flares, fireworks and even bombs that can have you blind and deafened for life.

1 hour ago, pete said:

1980 Scottish cup final. My last game before I moved to Holland. Absolutely shocking and a fair amount of kids taken away with head wounds. Thankfully these days are in the past. BUT!  Unfortunately when one door shuts another opens as we are now hit with flares, fireworks and even bombs that can have you blind and deafened for life.

Same riffraff, different brick