[FT] Aberdeen 2 - 2 Rangers (Arfield 18; Jack 30)

4 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

(Ojo) is always a thread in the final third

Let’s hope he can sew up a victory.

Great isn’t it? Some bloke does the hard work and along comes a smart alec to make fun of it. Will I be banned?

2 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Let’s hope he can sew up a victory.

Great isn’t it? Some bloke does the hard work and along comes a smart alec to make fun of it. Will I be banned?

You shall be thanked wholeheartedly -- I was just about to publish on the main site. :ninja: 

28 minutes ago, Bill said:

Anyone think Katic might replace Helander for this one?

It's possible, as I thought Helander struggled in the first half on Sunday and it may be good to rest him prior to the next few games.

However Gerrard seems to have adopted an approach of wanted a settled defence and he may not make the change.

Reminds me of the first time we played them under Gerrard which if I remember correctly was in fact the very first league match under Gerrard. Away game, Alfie red carded inside around 10 minutes yet we still went on take a 1-0 lead and dominate the game. They equalised in the dying minutes then afterwards Gerrard stated that we were on another level in comparison to them.

He was simply stating a fact that was evident for everyone to see but perhaps shouldn't have given their delusions of being a footballing superpower. What he said still applies and in fact since then Rangers are on yet another level in comparison to them.

There's a lot of talk about them being a good team and in a sense they are but it's not in a footballing sense the way Rangers are a good team. They're a good team in the way Livingston or Motherwell are good teams. They litter the side with physicality rather than real footballing quality then proceed to their 'game plan' which is simple.

Kick and harry and when I say kick i'm not referring to kicking the ball. A major part of their 'plan' is to actually hurt our players while conceding foul after foul in an attempt to prevent any rhythm occurring. And they're 'good' at that.

Look out for a catalogue of fouls against Kent because he's closing in on some real form while providing goals and assists. Ryan jack will be targeted simply because he's Ryan Jack and their players know that hurting him gets you a baa from their bleating crowd.

Alfie will also be targeted just to see if they can get a rise out of him but he's a tank. Heavily armoured and can take the punishment largely undamaged while Kent on the other hand is more of a lightly armoured fast transport vehicle. I fear for him with Sunday coming up fast when he's going to be a key factor.

With the prospect of this sheep game on the horizon I watched dthe highlights of their game with St Mirren and believe you me they were lucky to get a win. St Mirren deserved at least a draw and a win wouldn't have flattered them. St Mirren were carving them open with relative ease but just didn't have the quality to take their chances and even missed a penalty.

In my view all away games are a potential banana skin and for that simple reason this one is too but it's not because they're a good side. We're far superior and all we need is for the referee to do his job letting our player impose their class and this will be a standard win.

Winning is all that matters tomorrow night.  Aberdeen will be well up for it (as always).  

Our players should be able to withstand the physical nature of Scottish football.  Otherwise we have bought them unwisely. 

I think Stewart may get a deserved start tomorrow, I quite fancy him to score. Jordan Jones has had a wee set back and will miss the next couple of games.

No doubt it will be a physical/dirty match with the sheep cloggers out in force, fingers crossed we don't suffer any injuries. 

As always a win is a must just now, get a win then onto the cup final.