[FT] Aberdeen 2 - 2 Rangers (Arfield 18; Jack 30)

More recently, they have got their act together again, methinks 4 times unbeaten now. As always, they'll raise their game against us, not least in their pit. I reckon the impartial "commentators" on national broadcasters will quickly point out Morelos' (sic!) ill-discipline (not the provocation et al) of last season.

You would hope we score a couple of quick goals to calm any adrenalin-rush and then destroy them like Hearts. Was working on Sunday, will be working tonight ... so it won`t be me to blame any ill-fortune on later ?

Wednesday, 04 December 2019, 18:35

by Nick Thomson 

STEVEN GERRARD has named two changes to his side for tonight’s Scottish Premiership clash with Aberdeen at Pittodrie.

From the team which thrashed Hearts 5-0 at Ibrox on Sunday, out go Borna Barisic and Glen Kamara, with their places in the XI taken by Jon Flanagan and Ryan Jack.

That means the back five tonight is made up of Allan McGregor in goals, captain James Tavernier, Connor Goldson, Filip Helander and Flanagan.

Jack is joined in midfield by Scott Arfield and Steven Davis, while up-front, Joe Aribo and Ryan Kent will support Alfredo Morelos.

Kamara is on the bench tonight, and also there Wes Foderingham, Nikola Katic, Andy Halliday, Sheyi Ojo, Greg Stewart and Jermain Defoe.

It’s a 7.45pm kick-off here in the Granite City – join Tom Miller and Andy Little on RangersTV for full coverage if you’re outside the UK.

RANGERS: McGregor; Tavernier, Goldson, Helander, Flanagan; Arfield, Davis, Jack; Aribo, Morelos, Kent.

SUBS: Foderingham, Katic, Halliday, Ojo, Stewart, Defoe, Kamara

That's  good setup for this mob.  I just hope Aribo rises to the occasion and doesn't get put off with the physicality of this game.  He's a big strong lad but he doesn't like the teams that want a fight rather than a game.  This game needs an early goal for us or it's going to be one hell of a poor spectacle.  Get it right up them.  I can't stand this mob.

3 minutes in and Dolly have committed 3 fouls, 2 of which should have been yellow cards.

As I speak a fourth foul for a two handed shove by Cosgrove which could also have been a yellow albeit a soft one.

5 mins in now and 5 fouls. 

Dolly playing their usual brand of anti-football.

Cosgrove should have been booked already.  I'm sick of the double standards.  If Alfie had committed these fouls he'd be booked by now.  This is just a thuggish team and it's now 5 fouls in the first 6 minutes.

• Frankie changed the title to Aberdeen 0 - 0 Rangers