[FT] Aberdeen 2 - 2 Rangers (Arfield 18; Jack 30)

Two points dropped in a game we were strolling.

Mind you another howler from Beaton. Cosgrove gets booked after 4 fouls but goes on to commit 2 or 3 more. He should have been red-carded.

And the Morelos foul being on the 18 yard line was a penalty. Beaton was 5 yards away. He clearly saw it. 

Very disappointed after that tonight, after going 2 up I thought we could of been on to another hammering, lose a poor goal and let them back in to it when they really shouldn't of.  2nd goal just as poor and we never looked like scoring in second half.  What more does Stewart need to do to get a game? Also Flanagan was absolute dug shite tonight. Hopefully stiffen up and take the first half performance in to Sunday. 

Must admit to getting the fear seeing Flanagan's name on the team sheet prior to ko, though it had more to do with us needing a settled defence tonight.

Flanagan was able to turn a seemingly straightforward 'lump up the park' clearance, into a good ball into his own box, and what turned out to be , really decent chance for them.

A quite remarkable achievement ..summed up the whole defence .

I felt in the second half our back line was pressured a bit more and they didn't seem to be able to handle this which resulted in far too many aimless punts upfield.  I also felt Davis was given a lot of time on the ball in the first half and was able to pick his pass but unfortunately in the second half his time on the ball was more limited.

Having seen tonight's game I rather suspect Celtic will plan to put pressure on our back line knowing that there is a good possibility of a mistake being made.

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

Come on Frankie! I have never ever seen one player get to foul as much as Cosgrove, not to mention all the other assaults that were allowed, never mind the penalty that was not given! there is only so much a team can do, aye the goals we lost were down to us but we were never going to win that match tonight with Beaton allowing the sheep players to continually assault our players, disgusting!

Mate of mine is a sheep and he agrees! Was laughing that cosgrove was getting away with it.

Just now, cooponthewing said:

I asked someone earlier why Flanagan before Halliday tonight?

I wondered that too when I saw the team sheet. A fullback who didn't make a single cross into the box and who defends like a compulsive gambler.

57 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

I felt in the second half our back line was pressured a bit more and they didn't seem to be able to handle this which resulted in far too many aimless punts upfield.  I also felt Davis was given a lot of time on the ball in the first half and was able to pick his pass but unfortunately in the second half his time on the ball was more limited.

Having seen tonight's game I rather suspect Celtic will plan to put pressure on our back line knowing that there is a good possibility of a mistake being made.

Was thinking the same myself during the second half.