Tavernier struck by thrown object

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

It was a pie, not a banana.

Tavernier shrugged it off, as should we.  Only professional victims like Lennon and Stevie Clarke fall over and cry about things like that.  Rise above it.

That's absolutely ludicrous. Firstly Tavernier shrugged it off? Are you inside his head? What else could he be expected to do in the circumstances but carry on? Dive into the crowd and execute a few Cantona style kung fu kicks? He carried on because he had no other reasonable option and that doesn't remotely qualify as just shrugging it off.

Secondly you advocate not even acknowledging these incidents because to do so is playing a victim card? He is a victim of a thrown object and you think that should just be entirely ignored? Just let the throwing of objects continue without the slightest mention is the way to go?

In the real world this is regarded as a form of assault and will not be ignored. Not by anybody aside from perhaps someone who simply wants to be contrary no matter how contrary to common sense that might be.

If some complete stranger does this to me in a work environment which is what Tavernier was in there is no way i'm simply going to ignore it without a mention. And I fully expect the vast majority of rational people to have the same view.

In a non work environment my response would be infinitely more reactive with a good possibility of throwing something in return most likely a punch. The throwing of anything at all at our players is not something just to be ignored effectively encouraging it to carry on because no one will say anything. 

15 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Chill out, JFK.

Can I throw food and drink at opposing players at Ibrox? Can we all? Point is gonzo we need zero tolerance. Rangers players have been attacked several times now and it barely gets a mention in the media. If someone threw food at you in a pub what would you do? If I was Tav I’d be questioning why my club wasn’t taking this further. 

28 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Chill out, JFK.

Sorry Gonzo I agree with JFK on this. Imagine this is the other way around? Btw are we sure it wasn’t a Bananna coz that’s what it looked like. If it wasn’t they should get a warning, that looks like a banana and that’s racist on a 1980s level.

It was a pie.

It's up to Aberdeen, the SFA and/or the Police to take action, if they see fit.

Rangers make statements which are roundly ignored by the press, so I'm not sure what good the club could do.

Our club and fans are treated differently to others.  Going tonto on a football forum won't change that.

The sheep are a nonentity.  Don't give them the attention.

Could it have been a banana pie?

There is also footage of Morelos stepping down from the Rangers coach and being abused by a sectarian term..

A couple of seasons past, the Rangers coach was parked overnight at the Rangers Hotel in Aberdeen. On the morning of the match, it was found to have, "Haha 66" etched intoit's side in yard high letters. 

Nothing happened, no arrests, no charges, and it will be the same with both Tav' and Morelos.