Tavernier struck by thrown object

10 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Could it have been a banana pie?

There is also footage of Morelos stepping down from the Rangers coach and being abused by a sectarian term..

A couple of seasons past, the Rangers coach was parked overnight at the Rangers Hotel in Aberdeen. On the morning of the match, it was found to have, "Haha 66" etched intoit's side in yard high letters. 

Nothing happened, no arrests, no charges, and it will be the same with both Tav' and Morelos.

Their fans had a round chorus at Beaton of "youre just a hun with a whistle" - ironic really considering he didn't give Rangers a penalty that they should have had, and allowed their players to commit multiple assaults.

34 minutes ago, craig said:

Their fans had a round chorus at Beaton of "youre just a hun with a whistle" - ironic really considering he didn't give Rangers a penalty that they should have had, and allowed their players to commit multiple assaults.

Chill out, apparently. And with those two words I just negated every point you made with ease.

49 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

It was a pie.

It's up to Aberdeen, the SFA and/or the Police to take action, if they see fit.

Rangers make statements which are roundly ignored by the press, so I'm not sure what good the club could do.

Our club and fans are treated differently to others.  Going tonto on a football forum won't change that.

The sheep are a nonentity.  Don't give them the attention.

It's completely unacceptable. What if the pie burnt Tavernier? Or got in his eye? 

Rangers should call it out.

12 minutes ago, Crimson Dynamo said:

What if the pie burnt Tavernier? Or got in his eye? 

I doubt a Scotch pie is capable of burning someone, particularly in December and Tav was facing the pitch when the sheepshagger flung it.

Aberdeen are investigating the incident.

Tav's reaction was admirable, in my opinion. 

Edited by Gonzo79

22 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I doubt a Scotch pie is capable of burning someone, particularly in December and Tav was facing the pitch when the sheepshagger flung it.

Aberdeen are investigating the incident.

Tav's reaction was admirable, in my opinion. 

But how many times does his reaction have to be admirable before even he decides enough is enough.  Having a pie thrown at you is no big deal really - however, lets not forget that the same player had some muppet confront him at Easter Road too.

At some point it really does need to be called out.

Had it been a Rangers fan it would be splashed all over the press.  But seeing as it is against a Rangers player it is buried.  Likewise, encroachments from Tims are glossed over constantly too !

I can't disagree with the points you make, craig.  But as I said earlier, our club and support are treated differently. 

The Scottish press, government, football authorities and legal system are infested with people who despise us.  We'd be calling it out in an echo chamber.

Surely that fact it was a pie is irrelevant. The real point is about what it could have been ... and might be next time if this is just swept under the carpet. The issue isn't what was thrown but that it was thrown.

1 hour ago, craig said:

But how many times does his reaction have to be admirable before even he decides enough is enough.  Having a pie thrown at you is no big deal really - however, lets not forget that the same player had some muppet confront him at Easter Road too.

At some point it really does need to be called out.

Had it been a Rangers fan it would be splashed all over the press.  But seeing as it is against a Rangers player it is buried.  Likewise, encroachments from Tims are glossed over constantly too !

His reaction is the only thing it can be unless he were to resort to Cantona like responses. What else could he realistically do? Throwing objects at him is not just abusive if it's ignored it can progress to dangerous objects and the bottom line is that it's humiliating for him to just have to accept this.

Would you expect it to be ignored if you were getting this from total strangers in your workplace? Would you totally ignore it? As I heard mentioned elsewhere he takes a lot of the throw ins so he's likely to be the one targeted as often as not. This is the point it has to be called out not ignored because this isn't a one off it's previously happened to him at least once that I can remember. Motherwell ban fan for throwing object at Rangers' James Tavernier

I see Tavernier as not just one of our best players and our captain but also as a truly dignified man worthy of respect and I for one wont remain silent while he's subjected to this humiliating/degrading treatment. 

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

I for one wont remain silent while he's subjected to this humiliating/degrading treatment. 

Powerful and stirring words.

Where do you see your quest for justice going, other than Gersnet?