It shows how far Barasic has turned it around this season when we are all desperate for him to play. We definitely missed him last night especially in an attacking sense.

Have to say I wasn't confident about this game before last night and obviously the collapse from two up has done little to encourage me.

On the other hand the other mob are not great and if we score first I think we'll have a chance

It's not many weeks ago that no one wanted Barisic anywhere near a Rangers team and we didn't only start winning games when he got his place back. He's been doing really well lately but let's not lose all sense of proportion. Gerrard will probably play Flanagan on Sunday and he may well do OK. We didn't lose yesterday just because Flanagan was in our defence. Flanagan had a poor game but he wasn't responsible for Tavernier, Goldson and Helander playing like cub scouts.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Flanagan had a poor game but he wasn't responsible for Tavernier, Goldson and Helander playing like cub scouts

No but it was him who kicked the ball out of play,due to being one footed,which led to a goal.

Being one footed does not mean your a bad player everyone's having a go at Flanagan because he had a ninety minutes he would rather forget but his team mates had long enough to get the result .

This bloke did very well with his one good foot

Untitled design (1).png.gallery.jpg

• Rousseau changed the title to League Cup Final: Rangers v Celtic - The Light At The End Of The Tunnel.
12 hours ago, Whosthedado said:

It shows how far Barasic has turned it around this season when we are all desperate for him to play. We definitely missed him last night especially in an attacking sense.

Have to say I wasn't confident about this game before last night and obviously the collapse from two up has done little to encourage me.

On the other hand the other mob are not great and if we score first I think we'll have a chance

The flip side to the consistency of Barasic is that up until Wednesday, Flanagan hadn´t played a real competitive match for months and it showed. Against Celtic in early September. Flanagan at left-back meant that our attacking balance suffered and we couldn´t exploit the space that Celtic deliberately left down our left. To be fair to JF, it has to be said that he defended well that day and Forrest didn´t get a look in.

Ryan Kent joined just after the Celtic match and he certainly provides a threat on the left but he needs a supporting full-back on his outside. One who can cross a ball with his left foot (beats me why a professional can´t add this to his game).

I´d guess that Barasic will take the pain-killing injection if that means he can start. 

2 hours ago, compo said:

Being one footed does not mean your a bad player everyone's having a go at Flanagan because he had a ninety minutes he would rather forget but his team mates had long enough to get the result .

Are they available for Sunday?

13 minutes ago, buster. said:

I´d guess that Barasic will take the pain-killing injection if that means he can start. 

I'd guess he will play, the old saying about playing through the pain barrier is true, a pain killing injection is very common.

If Barisic can't play then Halliday would be a far better option than Flannagan, at least Halliday will get forward and can cross a decent ball with his left peg.

Still think Barisic will make it though.

3 hours ago, compo said:

Agree being one footed does not make you a bad player but combined with other deficiencies e.g. lack of talent does not help.

Your picture of my all time hero shows a man who had talent,similarly Davy Cooper.

My criticism of Flanagan is not based on one game but his overall play.