4 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

To be fair, I though he was overrated last season and believe we paid far too much for him.  Nothing has changed on that front really.

On another note, I think the atmosphere at these matches has diminished over the years.  It felt quite flat yesterday and I was surrounded by blokes  who didn't join in with a single song but were quick to criticise players often enough.  I think some need to read the definition of 'support'.  

"Support" as in "Kent is over-rated and we shouldn't have bought him ? :ninja:

I would, on the whole, agree though.  Far too many in our support see every loss, every point dropped, as an opportunity to absolutely crucify players.  Internet and social media have created this easy form of anonymity.  Boils my piss that people slate players who have given absolutely everything and played their opponents off the pitch - almost as if they forget that there are 11 other players out there trying to prevent you from winning, along with poor officials and a huge slice of bad luck.

13 minutes ago, craig said:

What I will say, is that those players gave everything yesterday, to a man, and can be very proud of their efforts.  They deserve our support, not our criticism.  I could see criticizing them if they didn't show up or lacked character, but they showed both in spades. 

Agreed, there is a time for critical comment. This isn't it. Not after yesterday's performance. Criticism now is merely indulgence.

3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I'm taking positives from it. There has been talking of them playing badly on the day but I don't think they did, they have been in good enough form prior to this game. They simply looked bad because Rangers were simply too good for them. That's going to remain in their heads for the future.

We didn't take the cup on the day but I don't put that down to mental deficiencies or small margins. It was just one of those days where absolutely nothing went our way. The ball didn't go our way, they had a goalie playing the game of his life, (the goalie broke my heart comes to mind) and nor did the refereeing decisions go our way. Such a litany of bad luck can't be expected to occur repeatedly.

Aside from being more clinical in taking chances and getting this penalty taking thing sorted out I really don't see much that needs to be changed following this disappointment. Ironically despite winning they would appear to have more to be concerned about than we do. 

Important points. At the end of the game yesterday I felt desperately low. Today, reflecting on what happened and where we are on this journey, I surprise myself by feeling much more pride than disappointment. We're almost there - you know what they say about the darkest hour coming just before the dawn ?

Edited by Bill

9 minutes ago, craig said:

"Support" as in "Kent is over-rated and we shouldn't have bought him

I don't criticise players when I'm at the match (with some rare exceptions, none of which occurred yesterday). 

I'm not criticising Kent regarding his purchase.  I'm criticising Gerrard.  Just my opinion, craig.

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

Important points. At the end of the game yesterday I felt desperately low. Today, reflecting on what happened and where we are on this journey, I surprise myself by feeling much more pride than disappointment. We're almost there - you know what they say about the darkest hour coming just before the dawn ?

Im as low as a submarine I am running short of time to see another trophy maybe the league will perk me up .

17 minutes ago, compo said:

Im as low as a submarine I am running short of time to see another trophy maybe the league will perk me up .

Many of us have had those thought these last few years - will I live to see another league win? Many have passed these last 8 years without that pleasure, maybe we'll be the lucky ones. Chin up.