1 hour ago, buster. said:

I think it´s evident that we are still some way short of where we need to be but as I said, it´s about incremental steps and that has to be the way given the finances (see respective wagebills).

SG&Co have done very well to keep progressing to where we are today.

The board have done very well to support the football operation to the extent they have, both in raw dosh and in putting in place an infrastructure that we´ll hopefully see the benefit of further down the line.

The first team squad have done very well this season to produce a consistency of result that means we are there to challenge for the spoils.

Not forgetting the support who have been fantastic, filling Ibrox game after game.

We are still some way short but It´s going in the right direction , it´s going to need more patience because upseting the applecart isn´t an option.....The defeat on Sunday was hard to take but it´s gone.

The YB game provides an opportunity to bounce right back and achieve a tangible measure of progress as well as several million sterling.

Let's see what the rest of the month brings, hopefully this is a blip on an otherwise upward trajectory. 

3 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

Let's see what the rest of the month brings, hopefully this is a blip on an otherwise upward trajectory. 

I think it´s unrealistic to expect a smooth and seamless upward trajectory, both this month and in general.

The important and reasonable expectation/hope IMO, would be general significant progress season on season. That would encompass the remit of stopping 10IAR, whether it be this season or next.

The important thing to consider when thinking about that remit, is that there isn´t an alternative (successful) option that is feasible.

We are on a path and I think it´s the right one #patience

I think it´s unrealistic to expect a smooth and seamless upward trajectory, both this month and in general.

The important and reasonable expectation/hope IMO, would be general significant progress season on season. That would encompass the remit of stopping 10IAR, whether it be this season or next.

The important thing to consider when thinking about that remit, is that there isn´t an alternative (successful) option that is feasible.

We are on a path and I think it´s the right one #patience

Absolutely correct.

The important and reasonable expectation/hope IMO, would be general significant progress season on season.

Despite the result I feel the manner in which they were totally dominated is significant progress and I would say more of a psychological boost for us than them. They know they lucked it rather than won it and that's going to stick in their heads. I can't recall them being so thoroughly bossed since the time of Souness and into the pre McCann era.

2 hours ago, JohnMc said:

I return to this thread as I think it only fair to point out that the side has indeed responded positively to last weekend's defeat. I was concerned about our mentality but for most the Young Boys match and again against Motherwell, a match that had potential to be tricky for us, we were composed, controlled and energetic, our big players stepped back up and we did what we needed to do in both matches. Well done.

I'm delighted to be proved wrong on this, absolutely delighted. 

Agreed

Whilst I thought bouncing back against YB was more to do with mentality, I thought yesterday at Motherwell was more a physical test.

It certainly bodes well for the future that we passed them both.