5 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

They won; we failed to  beat 10 men. They have a cup; we don't. 

I always find it amusing when people say “we failed to beat 10 men” and make it sound as if we played against 10 for the full 90 minutes ???

3 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

That's what you call stating the bleeding obvious, but @craig is still correct .... they were minging.  We murdered them, and if we do that in our remaining games against them, we will win.

The point is that they were 'minging' and we failed to beat them, even when they were down to 10. We threw the lot at them, and they, somehow, repelled it all, and walked off with the silverware. We fell short.  Hence my original point that this victory might have a more +ve impact on their season than on ours.

9 minutes ago, craig said:

I always find it amusing when people say “we failed to beat 10 men” and make it sound as if we played against 10 for the full 90 minutes ???

Clearly you are very  easily amused.

They had 10 men for a significant proportion of the match, and we failed to take advantage. 

Edited by Uilleam

When the penalty was saved, a few heads went down.

When Tommy Burns' sides played Smith's sides, the scum used to regularly be all over us but we held out and won.  Today felt like the opposite of that.

Winning is all that really matters in football.

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

When Tommy Burns' sides played Smith's sides, the scum used to regularly be all over us but we held out and won.  Today felt like the opposite of that.

Winning matters; beating these bastards really matters.

54 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I was strangely relaxed all day, unusual for me! and I was fine until we got to HT then the panic set in due to us not taking any of our chances! I just knew we would regret that!

Spoke to the old man at half time.

Told him that there would be only one goal in the game and that we would rue not scoring in the first half.

39 minutes ago, les186 said:

Yes SG needs to sort out who is taking our penalties before Thursday.

Just watched the BT Sport post match interview with SG. He said that Morelos was the nominated penalty taker.

In that case I take it back what I said about Tav.

12 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Winning matters; beating these bastards really matters.

Couldn't agree more.  That was a sore one today.  

The league is what we all truly savour and we, as a support and the team need to forget today and get on with it.

15 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

We definitely need to win something and soon.  There's no doubt about that, but winning isn't all that matters.  Those Smith years were terrible for quality of football.  I know I wasn't alone in feeling utterly bored watching a lot of our games.  I could only have dreamed of our team playing the quality of football we do these days.  Having said that, I'd accept a poor performance if we had won today, but not most weeks.

I have never viewed Morelos as a penalty taker. Snap shots in crowded boxes where there is a lot happening is his thing not striking dead balls at a waiting keeper. If Tav isn't going to take them I would prefer Barisic to have a go.