Scott Brown Singing Fuck The Huns

4 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Is that a current photo of Sean?

Aye.  It's from a video and I must say he is a decidedly poor orator (there's a link I provided earlier in the thread - Page 5, post #44).

Edited by Gonzo79

9 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

A face designed to be ever covered by a balaclava.

He was interviewed for this article in Vice and I think it's fair to say, given his comments, his impartiality on any issues regarding NI and Glasgow football would be questionable, at best...

https://www.vice.com/amp/en_uk/article/aexjv8/palestine-the-ira-and-a-soccer-team39s-solidarity-uk-translation?__twitter_impression=true

"

Sean Huddleston, a university lecturer in Scotland and an avid supporter of Celtic believes the answer has to do with Celtic supporters' historical identification and understanding of Palestinian issues.

"The more Republican inclined Celtic supporter will feel affinity with the Palestinian cause due to the perceived links between the Irish Republican and the Palestinian struggle."

"With regards to supporting nationalism and liberation, the more overt supporters of the Palestinian cause that you would see at Celtic Park would be inclined towards being supportive of other left-centre, revolutionary struggles in a global sense anyway," says Huddleston.".

Edited by Gonzo79

That happened many years ago and I don't recall FARE being sanctioned at the time.

It's been clear for a long time they are compromised but for whatever reason UEFA seem to trust and/or fund their work.

36 minutes ago, Frankie said:

That happened many years ago and I don't recall FARE being sanctioned at the time.

It's been clear for a long time they are compromised but for whatever reason UEFA seem to trust and/or fund their work.

From memory.

It was in the immediate wake of the Villarreal - Rangers CL last sixteen game. BBC Scotland's Alex O'Henley was the FARE rep' in Spain. His report lead to UEFA fining the club. The usual suspects in the BBC stated that Rangers and Rangers supporters had no right to know our accusers. Ra Sellik were away at Tynecastle a few weeks later, and indulged in the full IRA song sheet. FARE received hundreds of complaints from Rangers supporters.

FARE sat on the complaints, decided their remit was only European football. and husband and wife team, Piara Power and Aasmah Mir(Glasgow born Sellik supporter - current BBC Radio Five presenter) took the decision to send the complaints on to both the SFA(Stuart Regan) and ra Sellik(Peter Lawwell). Peter penned letters to all those complaining, stating the club did not encourage such chanting.

It was a breac of the Data Protection Act, but again many of the usual suspects, particularly at BBC Scotland congratulated Lawwell for taking such a pro-active stance.

5 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

FARE have provided reports this season that has seen UEFA close 6,000 seats at Ibrox over two group games in the Europa Cup. The cost to our club is circa £200,000.

Sean Huddleston could have been the FARE representative penning those reports.

Sean is born and bred in West Belfast, his tertiary education appears to have been conducted in Scotland. Sean has been a season ticket holder at Sellik Park for five years, and a shareholder these last three. Further, Sean has been a volunteer worker at ra Sellik museum and visitor centre for six years.His social media pages also mention his position as an established writer on the Celtic Underground.

Someone should ask Stuart Cosgrove if FARE have an objectivity problem? 

Doubt he would have been in attendance. They have rules whereby opposing supporters can’t get involved in the team they oppose.

He is blatant in his affiliation and that’s the issue. He writes material on bigotry for FARE yet retweets bigoted posts demonising Rangers fans as ‘Manky Mob’ and calling us c”nts..  His twitter following profile is hard left, conservative catholic, west Belfast, Republican. I could argue that isn’t a problem, it’s a mess over there and you are entitled to your views.  But I couldn’t defend his status in FARE and their relationship with UEFA if he is a member of FARE and holds such views and affiliations.  I’d argue he was a bigot and FARE are bigots who do not (or perhaps do!) their employees.