Henry Signs For Barca

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007280982,00.html

THIERRY HENRY has reportedly joined Barcelona for �£16million.

A respected Spanish radio station tonight quoted Barca officials as saying Arsenal's record scorer has agreed a four-year mega contract with the La Liga runners-up.

Speculation over French striker Henry has soared over the past few weeks, following the exit of Gunners vice-chairman David Dein.

And, if this evening's report is confirmed, the speed of the deal will stun Arsenal fans.

Skipper Henry has said little in public over the past month - a season after snubbing Barcelona in favour of a new mega-deal at the Emirates Stadium.

But tonight Cadena Ser radio and newspaper El Pais reported as fact that Barca have finally got their man.

Henry's agent, Jerome Anderson, recently denied negotiating a move to Barca.

But the frontman, 30 in August, was unhappy last season after the Gunners again failed to win a trophy.

Henry has reached legendary status in his eight years with Arsenal.

He notched 226 goals in 364 games on the way to two Premiership titles and four FA Cup wins.

And his apparent move toBarcelona comes with three years left on his Gunners' contract.

16 Million's a steal... considering we got flo for 12! :confused:

Arsenal are RUBBER DUCKED!!

chuck all the earning into signing Torres and they might not be a total flop next season.

Still too inexperienced IMO. Need an experienced head leading the line, and unfortunately thats now gone.

£16 mil is a steal as well.

Arsenal are RUBBER DUCKED!!

chuck all the earning into signing Torres and they might not be a total flop next season.

Still too inexperienced IMO. Need an experienced head leading the line, and unfortunately thats now gone.

�£16 mil is a steal as well.

I heard they might make a move for Sebo.:fish:

I don't know what I'm more gutted about, Henry leaving or Henry leaving for a shitty £16M?!?!?!

If they can use that cash to sign either Torres or Villa then that will soften the blow but no one can come close to matching Henry on the park. OK he had a poor season but the guy is class.

Oh well, there's always Adebayor. FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!

Part of me wants him to fail at Barca but I hope he is a success over there and wins the league. The guy is an Arsenal legend and the best player to pull on the Arsenal jersey.

Players over 28 who have been at the same club for 5+ years can have their contract bought out and that's exactly what Barca did.

The EPL will suffer now. With the exception of last season he was the EPL.

So Henry is valued at the same level as Bent from Charlton!!!!!! Something just not right about that.

Was thinking about this. Is it perhaps someting to do with the length of their existing contracts? If Henry only has 1 year left then �£16m is a good deal for Arsenal since he could leave for nowt next season. Still, �£16m for Bentyboy is laughable regardless of how long his contract has left to go at Charlton.

Its a huge blow to the premiership though he is an awesome awesome player when he turns it on but still an arrogant cock.

But 16 million? Carrick and Hargreaves went for 17 million :confused:

Henry should have went for at least 28 million.

I can see Wenger following him. But i can also see Arsenal come good aswell without him. Anelka and Tevez are linked as a replacement, but Tevez is a hammer :flipa: