Getting in last night

12 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Apologies for not passing it on when I saw it on Thursday afternoon but I (wrongly) assumed those affected wou

Bearing in mind the barging and pushing from folk directed by steward to use row A and B why does nobody not have the common sense to send an email to those affected a few days prior? We all back the club all the way, but this was amateur planning from someone?

Not poor planning. It was spread by the SLO and other sources that if you were near the away supporters entrance that you had to turn up early. The club cannot write to everyone separately. I live in Germany and I knew there was a problem at that end. Life is what it is and Information is given over social media.

3 hours ago, pete said:

Not poor planning

Advising supporters, via an SLO tweet, a few hours before kick off is poor planning.  The club should've posted the information on various social media platforms earlier in the week.

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

Advising supporters, via an SLO tweet, a few hours before kick off is poor planning.  The club should've posted the information on various social media platforms earlier in the week.

They can't even keep their own official web site updated!

5 hours ago, pete said:

Not poor planning. It was spread by the SLO and other sources that if you were near the away supporters entrance that you had to turn up early. The club cannot write to everyone separately. I live in Germany and I knew there was a problem at that end. Life is what it is and Information is given over social media.

The fact that 1000’s of fans with ST’s & paper tickets went to the “wrong” turnstiles proves it was poor planning. The paper tickets had the “wrong” turnstiles numbers on them. The club must have known weeks ago that YB were bringing a big support, otherwise they would have sold the tickets to our fans. The club have no problem in emailing fans about all manner of things but not about this. Very poor organisation by the club.

10 hours ago, pete said:

Hey Pete, there were perhaps 4/500 extra supporters bring directed along rows A and B. At no point did I mention the SLO.

Let's start with rows A and B. Why could the club not send out emails to those who were seated in those rows? That's a rhetorical question as it takes seconds, no reason whatsoever as it's a family section, and children sit there so you have no substantial argument in support of the PR at the club Pete. They only had to inform those two rows of the inconvenience, and apologise for this, which continued through the first half.

Now on to the SLO, I was in early, and at no point did I mention the SLO, as I was aware of his use of Twitter. However, that's not good enough as the majority don't use Twitter, and certainly not daily. The sending of the generic email was only hours prior to kick off, regarding being at the gate early. The mail should have been sent days before, and a Separate email to those immediately affected in rows A and B, and at stair 4 could easily have been sent sent.

Im happy to debate this or point this out to anyone at the club, as I'm 100% on this and other supporters who, "were in attendance at this area"  will reinforce the point. Nobody comes on here to dramatise a point without justifiable reason.

Edited by cooponthewing