[FT] Motherwell 0 - 2 Rangers (Katic 27; Morelos 69)

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

The real issue here is what athletes these days are having to put up with from the galleries and the crowds who think that paying for as ticket makes it just fine to hound folk. (Daily Record).

I agree that Morelos should not have been given a second yellow for that but I strongly disagree that things are worse 'these days' as far as abuse from the crowd goes, certainly not in football.  

4 hours ago, ian1964 said:

All very noble and by the letter of the law it is a booking.

However no other player would have been sent off for that, in fact every player who scores against us does that and worse and I can't remember the last time a player was booked for it?.

If the last few games haven't convinced you we are refereed differently then I don't think you will ever be convinced.

And that's the thing Ian.

I don't think (m)any of us can actually complain about Morelos's booking at the weekend.  He shouldn't have done it, it was a booking, he had already been booked, and should have been sent off given that.  

The issue isn't whether he should have been booked or not - it is the complete and utter inconsistency of it all.  There are multiple times it happens, not just by opposition players to Rangers fans but in almost every game there is - Boyd did it when he scored against Aberdeen I think and they had been calling him a fat bastard and he ran over to them making the fat belly motion.  Technically a booking - nothing happened.  The inconsistency in the application is incredible !

You are wrong, by the way, when you said "no other player would have been sent off for that".... Halliday and Candeias got sent off for similar (2nd bookings)…. however, you and I both can see the theme and I get the point you were making :ninja:

3 hours ago, craig said:

You are wrong, by the way, when you said "no other player would have been sent off for that".... Halliday and Candeias got sent off for similar (2nd bookings)…. however, you and I both can see the theme and I get the point you were making :ninja:

I meant no other player other than a Rangers player, but I'm sure you knew that :thup: ?.

We get refereed to a different standard for sure and that is what pisses me off, and when I see/hear Rangers fans saying '' that's the rules he shouldn't have done it'' is quite annoying, we all know the rules!!, but the rules aren't applied fairly across the board.

The video clip I posted showing Kris Boyd at HT saying ''if it wasn't Morelos doing it then it wouldn't be highlighted'', for a separate incident in the 1st half proves we are treated differently to the rest of Scottish football.

Edited by ian1964