[FT] Motherwell 0 - 2 Rangers (Katic 27; Morelos 69)

This is going to be a very tough match tomorrow lunchtime.

A few players were out on their feet for us the other night so the manager will need to make changes - perhaps not from the start but certainly through the game quicker than he has done of late.

Currently we're asking too much of a few players and because of that when we do call on the fringe lads they're not always as sharp as we need them to be.  I'm all for playing a settled XI as much as possible but I'm surprised the manager hasn't rotated in a few positions a bit more often.

With another tough away game next Friday spat out by the random SPFL fixture generator, three points are a must tomorrow.  This is just as much a cup final as last week in that sense.

7 minutes ago, Frankie said:

so the manager will need to make changes - perhaps not from the start but certainly through the game quicker than he has done of late.

There hasn't been much evidence to suggest changes or early subs will be made.

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

There hasn't been much evidence to suggest changes or early subs will be made.

Agreed but unless he wants people to burn out then he'll have to fairly soon.

With the tighter pitch, I suspect Stewart will start tomorrow and most likely Defoe too.  One of Aribo and Arfield may also drop out and hopefully a Davis or Jones may make a surprise return from the bench at least.

I think we all know it's going to be the usual scenario against a side who have one of the worst disciplinary records in the league. Only Livingston have more yellow cards than Motherwell and it's only 2 more.

They have the fourth highest shots on target stat in the league with 78 shots on target. I threw that one in so I could then say that Rangers have the best shots on target stat in the league with 118 shots on target.

I´ve a horrible suspicion that this might be the game that our heavy schedule catches up with us.

I think we passed the mentality test in our reaction in the European game but today might be more  about legs and some who might be carrying knocks and niggles.

If we are to be successful today, we could really do with our wide players such as Ryan Kent stepping up and taking some of the load off Alfredo Morelos.

Same goes for Arfield, Aribo and Ojo.....but it´s probably more likely Katic might grab a goal.

As far as the League goes, the next two weeks are pivotal.