McGarry cleared

On 21/12/2019 at 21:17, Bill said:

There was a time when I genuinely felt proud to be Scottish, proud of our country and how we did many things better than elsewhere in the UK. I seem to have lost much of that pride since nationalism started polluting life in Scotland. Our public services are a shambles, justice is seldom done, our once-admired education system is a farce, we can't compete at sport, we seem to see our future only as an insignificant dot on the soulless rim of a vast superstate.

Maybe someone can help me out by summarising what it is about Scottish society that should be rekindling my national pride? Surely there's something we still do well as a nation, now that we've run our own affairs for 20 years? 

Where are all the GersNats hiding? Why aren’t they rushing to point out what joys of success and hope our devolution has brought to “ra peepul o Scoatlund”? 

I noted my former MP, Michelle Thompson, was on BBC Scotland during election night, espousing her pro-Nat views, as if she's the bees knees.

Some (including her) seem quick to forget her taking advantage of people struggling with mortgages not long ago.

The SNP is a hive of scummery, from top to bottom.  Sex pests, liars, charlatans, embezzlers...the list goes on.

6 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I noted my former MP, Michelle Thompson, was on BBC Scotland during election night, espousing her pro-Nat views, as if she's the bees knees.

Some (including her) seem quick to forget her taking advantage of people struggling with mortgages not long ago.

The SNP is a hive of scummery, from top to bottom.  Sex pests, liars, charlatans, embezzlers...the list goes on.

And some of the most incredibly thick self-promoters you're ever likely to meet.

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

The SNP will continue to do well while the Unionist vote is split between three parties and just under half of voting Scots are morons.

They are still the same as Sinn Fein though.  Separatist scum.

I don't think it is a good idea to call voters morons if they don't vote the way you think they should, although I'm tempted to think the same ☺️. Unfortunately Nicola is streets ahead in profile of our other Scottish politicians.

5 minutes ago, les186 said:

Nicola is streets ahead in profile of our other Scottish politicians.

That sort of sums up why we shouldn't become independent.   If she is the best we've got then we're an absolute f*cking joke.

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

That sort of sums up why we shouldn't become independent.   If she is the best we've got then we're an absolute f*cking joke.

That view is so depressing, if we can't govern ourselves, not with Nicola at the helm! then we truly are a joke non-entity country.