Stewart Milne: Lawwell Has Too Much Power In Scottish Football

On 22/12/2019 at 18:50, RANGERRAB said:

Wow how long’s it taken Milne to realise this ?

In 2012(with Rangers out the top flight)  him & others had the opportunity to do something about Liewell but chose not to.

Milne i'm sure would now like to be seen as a voice of reason , but all he saw back in 2012 was an opportunity to grab second place, and European football for the sheep, and that was his only driving force.

I found the interview with him quite chilling in that he seemed to laugh a lot of the Liewell stuff off, and I suspect this is exactly how the two discussed our demise back in then.

Stick Thompson in that room as well and you've got three of the most most self centered, self obsessed , and spineless people you'll ever meet.

2 hours ago, Franc Ergs said:

Milne i'm sure would now like to be seen as a voice of reason , but all he saw back in 2012 was an opportunity to grab second place, and European football for the sheep, and that was his only driving force.

I found the interview with him quite chilling in that he seemed to laugh a lot of the Liewell stuff off, and I suspect this is exactly how the two discussed our demise back in then.

Stick Thompson in that room as well and you've got three of the most most self centered, self obsessed , and spineless people you'll ever meet.

Our troubles in 2012 which saw us put out of the top division only benefited one club.

But the likes of Milne & Thompson weren’t smart enough to realise this.

Scotland’s top division effectively became a one horse race. No one was interested in it outside Scotland.

Certainly not sponsors or TV companies who paid peanuts for TV deals without Rangers in the top division 

So all clubs (bar one) starting making big cuts to their budgets. Incomes were reduced all round. Turkeys had voted for Christmas. 

Eleven clubs in the top division were only really playing to stay in it. They’d no chance of winning it.

And the yahoos suffered too. Their best players left

Inverness, Ross County, St Mirren & St Johnstone won cups. Even Aberdeen won one too, their first in nearly twenty years. 

But in the top top division the eleven clubs had unintentionally created a level playing field for themselves. Hibs, Hearts & Dundee Utd all got relegated. Hubs spent 3 years in the Championship & Dundee Utd have spent four so far

To this day I’ve always wondered about would have happened to Scottish football had Rangers not returned. Were Milne & Thompson really that stupid ?

Milne is going or has gone. Don’t slam the door on the way out please Stewart 

Edited by RANGERRAB

• 2 weeks later...