[FT] Celtic 1 - 2 Rangers (Kent 36; Katic 56)

• Rousseau changed the title to [HT] Celtic 1 - 1 Rangers (Kent 36)
Just now, Gaffer said:

Jack has been poor this game so far.  That strange tackle was just one of many poor decisions he's made.  Hopefully he gets it together for the second half because we need him.

Agreed. Still think Aribo and Kent need to do more off the ball. Their defenders need more pressing on them

Decent 1st half that from us, very soft penalty and you rarely see them given, much like Morelos getting booked for his gesture v Motherwell. Great save from Shagger, and what a finish from Kent, excellent goal. Then they bastards get lucky again with a hand ball being allowed.

Still, I'm looking forward to the 2nd half, I still fancy us to win this.

Just now, ian1964 said:

Decent 1st half that from us, very soft penalty and you rarely see them given, much like Morelos getting booked for his gesture v Motherwell. Great save from Shagger, and what a finish from Kent, excellent goal. Then they bastards get lucky again with a hand ball being allowed.

Still, I'm looking forward to the 2nd half, I still fancy us to win this.

We just need that slice of luck we didn't get in the LCF. Also worried about Katic on a yellow - and no Helander on the bench.

If we didn't have bad luck, we'd have no luck but our decision-making at times has to be better.

We've controlled that game for long periods with a well thought out system but trying to be too clever - both in attack and defence - has cost us a few times as we either delay the pass too long or try to make one where it isn't on.

That uncertainty has allowed Celtic back into the game and it's been too open for our liking after the penalty.  However, to say we were unlucky to concede is an understatement as McGregor's shot his Eduard's hand and deflected in.  That after a brilliant penalty save from McGregor and a superb opening goal from us afterwards.

All things considered though, we're still in the game and we need to find our positional discipline once more, regain the upper hand and try to create more chances to win.  A huge 45mins ahead!

9 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

To be fair, Jack should be knocking the ball away, not trying to tackle and leave something on the player. 

Arguably our player of the season is having a bit of a mare but on the positive side we are still very unlucky to only be drawing.  

If they get at us with pace, they look dangerous. Everyone needs to be switched on here, full 90 odd mins.

Again lucky with their penalty, at best a 50/50, not least since the player did not react in the slightest. Then luck with their deflected goal. As if that Scum needs it.

4 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

If this was a boxing match we’d need a KO to get a draw. Unbelievable decisions going against us. 

I'm at the stage where I expect us to be on the (wrong) decisions going against us, that's why it is harder for us to win these matches. However I do believe we have the beating of them, Kent, Aribo and Jack need to up their game for us to do that though.

Boyd just called it out on Sky, ''once again Rangers on the wrong end of a refereeing decision''.